Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube video promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jaguar36

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
It seems to becoming quite popular that folks are creating new threads with little or no text, just to promote their most recent YouTube video. I find these threads quite irritating as I come to TMC to read threads and have good discussions, not to be redirected to YouTube. It doesn't help that alot of these videos seem to be click-baity type videos as well.

Since they are presumably making money off their videos, how is this different than any other sponsor who has to signup as a sponsor to be able to advertise on TMC?

Even if its not, could you put some restrictions to this sort of behavior?

Could you guys link to some examples?

Also, btw, referral links are not allowed in signatures. Forum Rules
I'll remove mine, but would respectfully say that having a code in your signature allows people to choose codes from posters they consistently find helpful (rather than a thread with all the codes dumped in). I think in the signature is more with the spirit of codes -- and not allow anyone to post their code in any other way (especially the 'USE MINE AND I'LL GIVE YOU THIS' kind of post). When quietly in the signature, nothing else, it's easy for someone to pick a code from a poster who seems to be helping people.

Hopefully the admin team is open to this change.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo