Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube videos of Navigate on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sorry, it’s not clear. Does he want the blue lines? I can’t tell if he wants the blue lines from the 30 times he mentioned it in his video. :)

That said, the first time Autopilot activated the turn signal by itself and merged to change interchanges for me this evening, I giggled like a school girl. This guy kept it together with the “Woowww” but it was an awesome experience and it’s shocking in the way the original Autopilot was shocking all those years ago.

The promise of Autopilot FINALLY starting to happen.

...Awesome...

The video shows:

1) Sharp corner capability: It successfully exited the freeway from a speed of 65 MPH to a very sharp 30MPH posted sign for the exit ramp with no loss of control at all. This used to be deadly if owner didn't get control of the sudden change in speed for a sharp corner case.

2) Stop sign compliance: It might be random luck but it did a complete stop at the end when it exited the freeway to a stop sign.

Great improvement!!!

Thanks, @strangecosmos for linking to the video!

...not clear...

I agree with the youtuber: Tesla shouldn't mess up the User Interface. Pre-V9 Autopilot would light up the lane markers as blue when it's on and would darken them to grey when Autopilot is turned off.

Q7kCKm3.jpg

make the lane lines blue

Oh, this wouldn't work because of the path planning ribbon. The lanes have to be gray dotted lines (not blue) because the path planning ribbon has to cross over them when it plans lane changes.

So, make the path planning ribbon a different colour? The trouble is colour coding. Green, red, yellow, and orange are all coded with go/stop, safe/unsafe signification. That leaves... pink, purple, and brown. We need more colours.

Tesla could make the lines of the lane you're in a brighter/thicker white, instead of blue. Or come up with some other way of signifying that Autopilot is on.

Reactions: BLKTSLA
Awesome, thanks! I appreciate the tight production values as well.

No problem, but "tight production values"? I threw my smart phone on a tripod that kept flopping around! I do some videography on the side (with a real camera), so I happen to have Adobe Premiere, which made editing a breeze. I just captured voice over on my phone as I watched the video.

Here's the video from last Friday I posted, pretty much more of the same with worse camera position. Someone watching it was disappointed I skipped passed the 101 to 405 transition, so I made that new one you saw.

Last edited:
Reactions: strangecosmos