Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youtuber buys dead 2013 P85 for $7K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I found what looks like an interesting series coming up on Youtube. WatchJRGo channel just bought a 2013 P85 with a dead 12V and high voltage pack. He barely got the car on the tow truck it was so slammed. He's going to have a series fixing it all up.

I would enjoy watching that Porsche on a Road Course Track. Is it level 2 charge capable. I wonder if you took all the battery and wiring the computer and related charging equipment and installed it all in an ice vehicle if you could use a supercharger
Oh, if you're referring to my post, that's not a Porsche. It's a Factory Five Racing 818 kit, done up with bodywork, tesla motors, etc etc would probably run around 60K. Imo, that's a steal for 9sec quarters, lol. It's got tubed chassis, full track suspension, push rods etc etc so it would theoretically eat up a lot of tracks. I dunno what the owner does for L2 or what access it's got for public chargers. Being a tube chassis, it's ripe for EV transplants.

ICE vehicle hosts, are a mixed bag and requires a lot of metal work, lots. And you end up with large unused space like the transmission tunnel. PPL do it and there are some great results but it's a lot of work. Places lie EVWest specialize in swaps btw.