Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youxia Ranger X - Chinese knockoff of the Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is having trouble getting established in the China market. This won't help.

You are very mistaken about Tesla having trouble getting established in the China market. Tesla's reputation in China is very good, and Elon Musk is viewed very positively. Any journalist who say otherwise is drawing incorrect conclusions, based on very limited English coverage of the developments in China.

I strongly suggest trying to follow the news about Tesla, that is only in Chinese, and hasn't been translated into English, or mentioned by any English news sources. There is a lot.

Last edited:
You are very mistaken about Tesla having trouble getting established in the China market. Tesla's reputation in China is very good, and Elon Musk is viewed very positively. Any journalist who say otherwise is drawing incorrect conclusions, based on very limited English coverage of the developments in China.

I strongly suggest trying to follow the news about Tesla, that is only in Chinese, and hasn't been translated into English, or mentioned by any English news sources. There is a lot.

As a non-chinese speaker, I obviously cannot read Chinese newspapers, but I don't have to. Elon himself has commented in public that progress in China has been disappointing so far, but he expects the situation to improve.

1) Youxia has never produced a vehicle before.
2) it is extremely unlikely this vehicle will be safe.
3) The range is probably nonsense.
4) This vehicle will never be sold outside of China, assuming it is ever produced. Youxia is currently trying to raise money.
5) Runs Android?
6) There is a 0% chance this vehicle, assuming it is ever produced, will be in the same league as Tesla.
7) Too many problems to list.
100% agree
Just like BYD they dont sell outside china

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla is having trouble getting established in the China market. This won't help.
This car might help Tesla to sell more in China because of the OS bugs they will get in the copy.

100% agree
Just like BYD they dont sell outside china

- - - Updated - - -

This car might help Tesla to sell more in China because of the OS bugs they will get in the copy.

On top of all of this, the vehicle on stage, that's mentioned in the Powerpoint, is a DEMO that according to the company, is a modified Tesla. Unless I'm mistaken, this article literally says, the team admits they bought a Model S, then changed the front face and taillights, and kept the interior basically the same.

It also says the company admits it will be impossible to mass produce the vehicle for many years, and they are currently trying to raise $100 million?

ÓÎÏÀÆû³µ±»ÖÊÒɸÄ×°ÌØ˹À* ÀëÁ¿²úÓжàÔ¶£¿_ÍøÒ׿Ƽ¼

(Rough translation)

"R[FONT=&amp]ecently, Youxia EV held a press conference in Beijing, where founder and CEO Huang Xiuyuan released an electric vehicle called the "Youxia X". There was initial praise for the vehicle until public option immediately flipped 180 degrees after it was mentioned during the conference that the Youxia X directly uses a split up Tesla Chassis, and is nothing more than a modified version of Tesla's vehicle."

"Youxia currently has 20 employees"[/FONT]

Last edited:
Think they copied the Tesla charger port? That could get interesting.

China has their own "local" charging standard. As Germany has CCP, Japan ChaDeMo and so on. My money is on that the China copy uses the Chinese standard (and will benefit from having a different network in China, one that Tesla might not have access to?)

On top of all of this, the vehicle on stage, that's mentioned in the Powerpoint, is a DEMO that according to the company, is a modified Tesla. Unless I'm mistaken, this article literally says, the team admits they bought a Model S, then changed the front face and taillights, and kept the interior basically the same.

It also says the company admits it will be impossible to mass produce the vehicle for many years, and they are currently trying to raise $100 million?

ÓÎÏÀÆû³µ±»ÖÊÒɸÄ×°ÌØ˹À* ÀëÁ¿²úÓжàÔ¶£¿_ÍøÒ׿Ƽ¼

(Rough translation)

"R[FONT=&amp]ecently, Youxia EV held a press conference in Beijing, where founder and CEO Huang Xiuyuan released an electric vehicle called the "Youxia X". There was initial praise for the vehicle until public option immediately flipped 180 degrees after it was mentioned during the conference that the Youxia X directly uses a split up Tesla Chassis, and is nothing more than a modified version of Tesla's vehicle."

"Youxia currently has 20 employees"[/FONT]
Me can not read chinese, thanks for the translation.
Have a feeling this might not go into production.

At lest it give Tesla a few ideas of the future facelift if there is 1!!!

Youxia X - Model S design ripped off

Youxia X looks like a Chinese Tesla Model S

youxia-x-002-1.jpg

Anyone else feel that the thread title is inappropriate?

Yeah we got complaints about that. I changed it but if the O.P. wants something else please let me know

Edit: Moot point now. We're starting to merge the SIX (so far) identical threads that have been started on the topic, so that title got merged out of existence.

Last edited:
I haven't read your links, but CO2, a product of exhaling and burning fossil fuels (for instance) does NOT cause smog.

What's harmful to health tend to be these: Basic Information | Air and Radiation | US EPA, which are also produced when burning fossil fuel. China unfortunately burns a lot of dirty fuels such as coal.

Burning a gallon of gasoline produces about 20 lbs of CO2: How can 6 pounds of gasoline create 19 pounds of Carbon dioxide?. Vehicles can have great fuel economy (burn less gasoline) but have a terrible air pollution score (due to older lax emission standards), while a vehicle getting half the mileage can have FAR better emissions (air pollution scores)

See also
Find-a-Car Help
Find-a-Car Help
Smog Rating | Green Vehicle Guide | US EPA
http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/documents/420f13022.pdf

Air Emissions | Clean Energy | US EPA
Coal | Clean Energy | US EPA

Last edited: