Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yup! Better touchscreen and browser is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still on 2017.50.2. I wonder if I'm stuck there because I have an AP1 Model S?

In early March, my S85D (AP1) was still on 2017.50.2 from December. Wondering what was up, I called tech support and asked them to see if there was something that might be preventing a software download / upgrade. They looked into it (while I was still on the phone, and my car was in my garage) and said my download was "stuck". They gave something a kick and 30 minutes later I had an alert on my phone for a new software version. That got me to 2018.6.1. My car downloaded 2018.12 on its own near the end of March, so I guess it's all working correctly now. Now I'm waiting for 2018.14 like everybody else. :)

Maybe give tech support a call?

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: Langhorne
Oops, thanks... missed that part.

EDIT: Tile loading in your map segment is limited by the LTE connection (expected), but when you did the zoom it certainly looked better/faster in my opinion. I have my 12 month maintenance appointment next week they should load .14 on for me... looking forward to it.
So now that I drive with it, the maps are super smooth. I'm still on the old version with the old voixe, but it looks like the frame rate has tripled!

In early March, my S85D (AP1) was still on 2017.50.2 from December. Wondering what was up, I called tech support and asked them to see if there was something that might be preventing a software download / upgrade. They looked into it (while I was still on the phone, and my car was in my garage) and said my download was "stuck". They gave something a kick and 30 minutes later I had an alert on my phone for a new software version. That got me to 2018.6.1. My car downloaded 2018.12 on its own near the end of March, so I guess it's all working correctly now. Now I'm waiting for 2018.14 like everybody else. :)

Maybe give tech support a call?

Bruce.
What’s the number for tech support for this?

I love seeing the general speed improvements, these were really needed. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned in the release notes or otherwise had a bit more fanfare given Elon's tweet about it.

Anyway, looking forward to one of our resident Tesla hackers to dig into this new firmware and figure out the source of the improvements. Hardware rendering, optimizations, new kernel, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Just took delivery of my CPO MCU1 car this morning. Has 2018.14 already and I’m super impressed comparing to the demo car I drove just a few days ago.

Service centre said it was the first they’d seen so far in Australia and they noticed the refresh and ui speed improvements immediately as well.

Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Shock-On-T
No. Maps just show up and pop up the release notes. It never asks you to install them, it just goes ahead and does it.

Thanks for that. But I don't understand how one knows when the maps have been updated. You mentioned the release notes. Do they open on their own the first time one gets into the car after a map update or does one just need to keep checking the release notes?

Hopefully other things speed up. I just got .12 yesterday (and new nav today) on my old MCU car and was just thinking how slow the display was when I attempted to set the seat heater to "1" but because it was so slow, I thought the touch didn't register, so clicked it again, then again, then suddenly the seat went to "3", so it did register and cache the touches, just didn't render them real-time. *sigh* My wife's new MCU car has an update pending, maybe .14 (the car is currently on .10) so the new MCU may get this update first for us.

Thanks for that. But I don't understand how one knows when the maps have been updated. You mentioned the release notes. Do they open on their own the first time one gets into the car after a map update or does one just need to keep checking the release notes?

In this case is similar to a software update, the first time you get in the car after the navigation update, new release notes appear describing the navigation update. It's not just new map data, it's a new nav system and new map data.

• Informative
Reactions: Patrick W