Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yup it happened yet again! No access from the app.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this has been an intermittent issue over the past few months. The Tesla App cannot see the vehicle and while I could see it this morning it still shows parked in our garage.

I uninstalled the Tesla App and downloaded the App again to my phone but zero success on connectivity.

Not a bit deal but it is kind of a pain in the butt.

Will see when my wife gets home and try and figure it out. So you know she did a reset yet the car will not show in her phone (iPhone and mine, Android).

Just figured I would toss this out there....

OP is this a personal or work phone? Do you have any sort of VPN software at all running?

An example of what I am asking, my iPhone is supplied to me by work. When I am at work, and my work phone is on our campus wifi, it will not connect to the car via the app (nor will it connect to a lot of my other IoT type stuff, like my home security cameras, my nest thermostat, etc). When the phone is NOT on the campus wifi, (either at my house, or on a cellular network) it connects to everything just fine.

Our campus wifi is obviously firewalled in such a way that it is not letting this traffic in or out (it will work if I use our campus wifi connection that is in the DMZ and not connected to anything internal to the company).

Others have also reported issues with VPNs interfering with connection to the car. Have you installed any VPN on your phone, or anything else at all that is helpfully "managing" your connection?

Reactions: ColoradoMike