Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YYZ Charging Stations Etiquette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they engage the charger, how would they "unlock" the plug?

With Park 'n Fly Valet you have to leave the key with the car so that they can park it (or charge it) for you. Personally I'd charge it at the Sherway Gardens Supercharger (10 min South as mentioned above) before you drop it off, and you should be fine even if they don't charge it while you are gone.

Reactions: bollar
I'm pondering our options for a trip during our Spring break (March 1-10) and it turns out that airfares are about 1/3 of the price if we fly from Toronto Pearson rather than Montréal.

The Pearson Long Term Parking Garage has a number of dedicated L1 (120 volt) EV Parking Spots. I just checked PlugShare and they are not listed, but I have seen others post photos on the Tesla Owners Club of Ontario Facebook page. The spots are marked for EV parking only.

If you have an Amex card of a certain type you can use the valet right at the terminal and they waive the valet fee and they give you a 15% discount. But you are still going to be spending hundreds on parking. You must be saving a lot on flights to drive 5+ hours!

Park'N Fly Valet parking is at 125$/9 days for the period where I would have been there (and we saved 800$+/person by flying from Toronto!) And driving a Tesla for 500 km is enjoyable, isn't it? :D But the valet plugging service mentioned above was probably for the airport parking itself, not Park'N Fly.

Thanks @mknox for the info, that was quite what I was looking for. But given the uncertainty (e.g. marked "restricted" on PlugShare, no picture, no successful connection logged), we finally opted for a incoming flight with Porter (plus UPX), and we turn out to have relatives traveling back from Toronto to Montreal when we return.

No. As I mentioned, it does not appear to be on PlugShare yet.

Further to this, the PlugShare point you reference is in the outdoor Value Park lot. I wonder if either the pin is in the wrong location or whether they have L1 spots in the outdoor lot too. (The Value Park garage and Value Park lot are two different areas with different parking rates).

Some feedback on cool/cold weather charging at 120v.
In the last couple I have stayed at Bed & Breakfasts where I charged at 120v in the cold. One time it was high -8 low -12 and the other time -1 & -6 (all temps=Celsius). In all cases I had arrived with a warm battery (>1.5hrs on the highway). At the 36hr+ mark the car was happily charging at 12A. The battery had cooled down enough that there was limited regen when I started driving but the battery had never cooled enough to limit the 120v 12a charging. I am curious about what would happen after couple of days or when it is-20 or colder.