TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Zappi and Agile integration release

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by CMc1, Oct 24, 2020.

1. CMc1

CMc1 supercharge.info editor

Myenergi are soft releasing their “my account feature” which ally to charge when rates under threshold.

Fresh out of beta so there may still be bugs

Just in time for those windy price drops

myaccount.myenergi.com

• Like x 2
  2. hmy7k

hmy7k Member

Just set mine up with Octopus, great feature to charge when it goes below a certain price.

I have set my car to 70% and then charge when its below 5p, then top up adhoc as and when thats not enough.

• Like x 1
  3. CMc1

@hmy7k might want to alter your threshold to benefit from the expected plunge.

4. hmy7k

hmy7k Member

#4 hmy7k, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Thats my standard setting but will have to change it when I get a plunge alert.
    Looks like setting it to do a one off charge for plunge pricing and where rates vary a lot during the night is the best option.
    Hopefully is will switch on and off to add the amount of charge I want at the optimum prices.
    Will be an interesting to see how it behaves.

5. CMc1

It can only do “four time blocks” so it’ll be limited by that. Same as setting the timer. Once myenergi confirm the timings you should see it push through on the “timed boost section” of the myenergi app.

6. Drew57

Drew57 Member

This is very useful for the winter as there's no longer enough excess solar - I've set at 5p 00.00-06.00 (but 'off' for now as I've already got a Zappi timer set for tonight, car to 90%)

7. simon.c

simon.c Member

#7 simon.c, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Ah nice - been waiting to try this out. Didn't even see as mention of the soft launch on their forums!

[Edit]I've managed to get an account set up and it knows about my hub and zappi. I've also set a target budget of below -3p for tonight and as expected it is saying my next charge will be at 0100, but when I try to view the "My Energy Usage" page I just get a swirling green circle loading style thing in the middle of the screen. Anyone know if it just takes ages the first time or if there is anything else I need to do?

8. Drew57

Drew57 Member

I didn't risk overriding the Zappi timer I'd already set in case this new function doesn't work first time & I waste the plunge opportunity.

9. simon.c

simon.c Member

My energy usage is showing OK now - looks like it starts monitoring from whenever you set the account up rather than picking it up historically from the hub.

10. hmy7k

hmy7k Member

Well that didn't work, times were not transferred to my app.

Do you have to be on the beta test list to get it to work I wonder.

11. CMc1

You’re not the only one. Others on the forums have mentioned it has failed last two nights :(

12. Drew57

Drew57 Member

As mentioned previously, the regular Zappi timer for the purge drop period charged as planned (wasn’t prepared to risk the new Agile timer when rates were so low)

13. simon.c

simon.c Member

Didn't seem to work for me either. Luckily I was still up at 1am so just reverted to manually set timings via the app when I saw it hadn't started charging.

• Like x 1
  14. CMc1

You can easily confirm if it’s worked/going to work or not by checking the boost timer section within the myenergi app, shortly after the rates have been released.

To why it hasn’t worked over this weekend still remains unclear.

15. simon.c

simon.c Member

Ah ok. Is there a separate hidden forum over on the myenergi site discussing this? I couldn't see any mention of it anywhere that I could see.

16. darkNstormy

darkNstormy Member

Might the clocks changing have contributed to the issue?

17. CMc1

It was Friday and Saturday before the clocks changed so doubt it. Worked Sunday night, however the boost timings were an hour out.

18. CMc1

Woking again flawlessly without issue last night.

• Like x 1
  19. simon.c

simon.c Member

#19 simon.c, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Well last night it didn't set anything and it hasn't set anything so far for tonight either. What sort of time does it normally set them after rates are published? Still can't see any mention of this on the main myenergi forum so not sure whether it is just me or not.

[Edit] Well tried the old tried and trusted "turn it off an on again" (toggling the budget charge off then on) and it seemed to kick it into life for tonight. Will see how long it lasts for!

• Like x 1
  20. CMc1

Last weekend they had a security change which locked out their own servers from pushing boost timers, hence the failures last weekend. Been solid Monday onwards...

It's on "soft-launch" hence no chatter about it, bar the testing groups.

Within 30mins of the rates being released, the timers should be set on the Zappi. If you then make a change to the threshold price on the account, these should instantly push through to the app.

Rumours of predicted plunge this weekend so hopefully works out well.