TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Zappi and Agile integration release

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by CMc1, Oct 24, 2020.

1. simon.c

simon.c Member

Looks like it has now been announced for general use so there is a proper thread on it over at myenergi now.

• Like x 1
  2. CMc1

CMc1 supercharge.info editor

It’s been very hit a miss last 2-3 days so suprised they’re releasing it officially.

3. Drew57

Drew57 Member

I'll continue to set charges via the app until I see several others confirming that this works reliably.

Will be very useful when it does but at the moment I go with whatever Octopus Watch recommends for whichever charge period I choose (additional savings using the Zappi Agile feature will be a few pence on most occasions anyway).

4. CMc1

CMc1 supercharge.info editor

There’s no harm setting a price threshold/specific kW top up figure on the myenergi account and then checking the app shortly after Agile prices are released to see if the timers have been pushed through successfully.

I’ve been using for about 6 weeks now and had 3 failures- two of which were linked to security change on the servers and they locked themselves out. So it hasn’t been a real issue, but there are still one or two bugs in unique situations.

5. Drew57

Drew57 Member

Thanks @CMc1 - that's encouraging but I'll still wait until people confirm that every charge has worked.

With another lockdown the car won't be used much so I'll just keep an eye on daily Octopus Watch recommendations for occasional top ups when needed. So far I've managed with 'manual' timed charges at ~5p average... often well below.