Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zappi charger avoid Powerwall drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have just had a Zappi 3-phase charger installed and would like to be able to preserve my Powerwall charge as I charge my Model 3 from solar. I think I need an extra CT to monitor the current to/from the battery. Is that correct? I think I read somewhere that you can then set it to either drain or preserve the battery charge but I can’t find anything about that in the manual. Does anyone know how to do that?

Hi, I have just had a Zappi 3-phase charger installed and would like to be able to preserve my Powerwall charge as I charge my Model 3 from solar. I think I need an extra CT to monitor the current to/from the battery. Is that correct? I think I read somewhere that you can then set it to either drain or preserve the battery charge but I can’t find anything about that in the manual. Does anyone know how to do that?
In the tesla app go to powerwall, on the home page go to ‘customise’, then increase reserve for power outages and the powerwall will not drain below this percentage.

You need a ct clamp for the battery.
Go into settings on the Zappi and set to 'avoid battery drain'.
This function will work in eco and eco plus, but not in fast.
If you want to charge fast while insolation is low, I recommend either turning off the battery, or switching to backup if your tariff is low and you don't mind charging from the grid.

You need a ct clamp for the battery.
Go into settings on the Zappi and set to 'avoid battery drain'.
This function will work in eco and eco plus, but not in fast.
If you want to charge fast while insolation is low, I recommend either turning off the battery, or switching to backup if your tariff is low and you don't mind charging from the grid.
Thanks a lot for the info.