Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zappi eco+ mode - safe to use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Zappi V2 three phase charger installed, and a M3 LR 21 model... I like the idea of the Eco+ mode that stops charging when surplus is not available, however could this damage the car or cause premature wearing e.g. on the charge port lock which I hear clicking sometimes?

I assume Eco mode is ok to use which only reduces charge rate to 1.4KW rather than stop.

I have switched from Eco+ to Eco as, on cloudy days, the car stopped charging completely after a few Zappi pauses. Haven’t tried for a while, maybe an update has fixed it.

It seems to work fine, honestly, I was even surprised to see the car start charging the next day although I assume it kept the car awake all night but didn't seem to cause any issues - I was very impressed frankly. So Eco+ seems

Increased charge stop/start delay to the max of four minutes, made a huge difference - now cycles much less frequently and should be fine.

Now to test leaving it plugged in overnight to automatically start charging in the morning.

Have dropped timeout down to two minutes, I hope this is ok. I hear loud mechanical switching noises as it cycles on and off, not sure about the car yet though. I suspect it may actually decrease charge efficiency if the car is left running for long periods without charging, dunno.

I suspect two minutes will be fine though but it really would be nice to get some expert advice around this as I really prefer the Eco mode if possible - on variable days toward winter it's really useful.