Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zappi install and questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'll be capped to 3.6. Partly due to time taken to get DNO approval for 5kW. The installer's experience is that they sit on requests for the full 9 weeks, then charge a few hundred quid for the priviledge. Given that the invertor is limited to 3.6kW, its a marginal benefit to uncork the PW. It's something we could do retrospectively. We're having a backup gateway too. I think if we were in an area where we had regular power cuts, we probably would do it.
Ouch! Mine first PW was capped and when the second + B/U gateway was installed, they were uncapped then. If there was a DNO charge, it was hidden in the very competitive quote. I guess it varies upon area.

Reactions: Burley
My original 3.9 kWp array on a 3.6 kWp SolaX inverter generated just over 3500 kWh, last year. South facing with no shading. During the summer, we get a reasonable amount of surplus, though our house battery is only 6.5 kWh. What I found was there wouldn’t be many hours of surplus over 1.4 kW after the house battery had charged, so I’ve ended up adding another 2.7 kWp on west, east and partly shaded south roof.
I added to mine for much the same reason. On good days there was surplus but otherwise, my car was competing with the wife’s car (used daily), the washing machine, tumble dryer and of course the Powerwalls.