TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ZelectricBug™

Discussion in 'Electric Conversions' started by Bearman, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Bearman

Bearman Member

http://www.zelectricmotors.com/

Looks like fun, anyone heard of this before?

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

He was at Supercar Sunday last week with the finished orange car. It was a super clean setup. Would love to drive it!

3. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I've driven the Zelectricbug 1 (The Red Ragtop)... It is a fun, Sunday car with 80-100 miles of range (basically like my ActiveE) without as much electronics... It CAN take an iPod (from what I remember.) Best performance was on 2nd or 3rd gear from what I can remember. Funny to drive an EV with a clutch.

I believe that he's finished Zelectricbug 2 (The Black One).

It's Zippy, fun, and a classic recycled. The finish is excellent. He even has kept the ICE engine in case the purchaser wants to go the "wrong" way.

Picture of his battery pack -

9053313673_e8c65f3831_o.jpg
    IMG_1886 by dennis_p, on Flickr

The inside -

9055537022_e8801b3e21_o.jpg
    IMG_1881 by dennis_p, on Flickr

Here's the set on Flickr...

You can follow him on Twitter.

I guess his business is "greener" in that it takes one "gasser" off and replaces with EV Nirvana. He's based in San Diego.

Dennis
    My Blog
    Driving my ActiveE for around 42,000 miles in 17 months and 3 weeks.
    Waiting on Roadster #78 to get delivered any day now.
    And a delayed (our choice) Model S (85) until November ordered with the new Winter Package in Southern California ('cause COLD weather is a relative term and my passengers deserve heated seats.)

4. Electric700

Electric700 Member

There was no mention of a liquid cooled/heated battery thermal management system on the site. Does anyone know if it will have one?

5. Bearman

Bearman Member

#5 Bearman, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I don't know if there will be any liquid cooling of the batteries but I think its unlikely because of the complexities involved. ZelectricBug say they are working with EV West for the electrical components and EV West has an existing kit that only has water cooling of the controller and the motor but throw them an email and ask.

EV WEST 1963 Electric Beetle:

6. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

So is it $45k plus the car? If so, that is Model S territory.