Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero battery indicated all of sudden

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the same, but for someone unfamiliar with auto repair I can see the concern. As others mentioned these people were also going in blind which also makes things difficult.

It beats the heck out of trying to pull a conventional internal combustion motor. Messiest part on the Model 3 is the coolant.

I’ve worked on cars for 40 years and it looks horrible to me for a cutting edge new design. Never needed to remove interior or pull up carpet to pull a transmission or something.

Also mixing “dirty” work (under car) with “clean” (interior work) usually doesn’t go well. Let’s hope OP doesn’t have the white interior.

So many opportunities to create squeaks, air leaks, rattles.

I’ve never seen a job that invasive done correctly. Ever. Misplaced clips, broken clips, missing screws, screws not used in correct places.

Like OP eluded to, it’s no longer a new car.

That said, there have been several battery replaced threads and no follow up horror stories.

P.S. Like to see a Video of putting it back in. That’s usually harder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pegann
I’ve worked on cars for 40 years and it looks horrible to me for a cutting edge new design. Never needed to remove interior or pull up carpet to pull a transmission or something.

Good point on the mixing clean and dirty. However, for the transmission repairs I've done with a mechanical linkage I've had to rip the center consoles out.

Bad batch of batteries? Or tech problem with the modules. Heard of another incident of battery failure on a M3. They received delivery around the same time as mine and geographic area. Although only one sample known, it's an interesting concidence.

Although I was not able to persuade Tesla about an replacement, I've been notified that the car is repaired and ready to go. In all it took about a week. Received the replacement battery on Tuesday or Wednesday and was told took only a few hours to exchange out the battery without too much hassle. I'm excited to get it back today. Overall, pretty fast service. They also offered to detail my car for the inconvenience.

Although I was not able to persuade Tesla about an replacement, I've been notified that the car is repaired and ready to go. In all it took about a week. Received the replacement battery on Tuesday or Wednesday and was told took only a few hours to exchange out the battery without too much hassle. I'm excited to get it back today. Overall, pretty fast service. They also offered to detail my car for the inconvenience.

Glad to hear that. You will love your car

• Love

Car is in fine shape then I suppose?

Car is in fine shape then I suppose?
Everything appears to be intacted. Not really a big deal but they said they vacuumed and wiped down the car for me but when I looked at the interior it didn't looked vacuumed at all. When I inquired about this, they said they couldn't get to everything because of something about that they didn't have proper vacuum adapters to get the nook and crannies. As tech advanced as Tesla is, this is a surprising declaration. But like I said not a big deal, just glad to get my car back, just more about honoring their word.

Everything appears to be intacted. Not really a big deal but they said they vacuumed and wiped down the car for me but when I looked at the interior it didn't looked vacuumed at all. When I inquired about this, they said they couldn't get to everything because of something about that they didn't have proper vacuum adapters to get the nook and crannies. As tech advanced as Tesla is, this is a surprising declaration. But like I said not a big deal, just glad to get my car back, just more about honoring their word.

Yeah fair enough. As long as everything appears to be fine, carry on! It's just a battery!

I'm not totally positive about this but it seems that my range has changed. I have the SR+ package so I should be getting 240 miles but the charge at 90% indicated 207 miles. Is there a way to confirm this without charging to 100%?