Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero buffer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ScanMyTesla showed zero buffer and total available battery kWh was the usable amount. Anyone else seeing this?

Attachments

• 62D77EAC-ED7A-4220-93AB-D8A1B6AA946E.jpeg
    62D77EAC-ED7A-4220-93AB-D8A1B6AA946E.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 102
45kWh remaining at 30%, Nice! o_O

That would mean the OP has a 150 kWh battery! I don't know if I trust these third party apps that interface with the car. They might be either causing an issue or interpreting the data wrong that the car is giving them. Either that, or the OP has a next generation Tesla! :cool:

One way or the other, perhaps the OP should ask about this at the next service appointment.

That would mean the OP has a 150 kWh battery! I don't know if I trust these third party apps that interface with the car. They might be either causing an issue or interpreting the data wrong that the car is giving them. Either that, or the OP has a next generation Tesla! :cool:

One way or the other, perhaps the OP should ask about this at the next service appointment.

These apps use what is called an "unofficial API", which among other things means that it is subject to change without notice to the parties who are unofficially using it.

Such a change happened before for "total pack size" and the change was a bit shift of the "nominal full pack" to make room for higher max values. A right shift of 458 is equal to 229, which coincidentally is the same as 74.0*0.309 rounded.

Bit Shift Calculator