Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero Issues after a Year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys haven't posted in a while, I was just thinking the other day. Man my X did not spend a day at the service center after one year of use. I have ghosting for which I don't care anymore or notice, had a window calibrated once by a ranger, but the car has been flawless. Just wanted to throw it out there, I remember the months prior to getting it was paranoid of all the issues that kept popping up in the forum thinking I would regret the purchase. Best car I have ever had by a very very big margin, good job Tesla.

Hi guys haven't posted in a while, I was just thinking the other day. Man my X did not spend a day at the service center after one year of use. I have ghosting for which I don't care anymore or notice, had a window calibrated once by a ranger, but the car has been flawless. Just wanted to throw it out there, I remember the months prior to getting it was paranoid of all the issues that kept popping up in the forum thinking I would regret the purchase. Best car I have ever had by a very very big margin, good job Tesla.
Congratulation on winning the Tesla lottery. At least now we know it is possible ;)

In forums like this one many people join to find the solution to problems, so it's normal for there to be far more complaints then praises. As far as I can tell, all automotive forums are like this. The majority of people who purchase a car have a decent experience and, unless they are interested in joining a community of owners or have issues, don't join the forum. They just drive their car.

My MX was delivered on 3/31/16 and it has been around 11k now. After the front door latch replacement last Year, It has been pefect! I have a 2016 September MS90D and I prefer the MX most time. Very comfortable ride and amazing acceleration. I did the annual service in April and nothing troublesome reported. I just want to say a good MX is not like winning the lottery. Those owners just don't report it. Hope your MX will be trouble free soon.

Glad always to hear a positive story amid all the negative ones that seem to be prevalent here. I'm convinced that those that have lots of problems attract those problems. Just like if you get up in a bad mood in the morning and complain about everything you will attract bad things happening to you all day - for some people every day is like that.

Since I started having a more positive attitude about things I have attracted lots of good things in my life. In fact when I focus on being positive and thankful for all that I have, I attract many things without much effort. My next big goal is of course a Tesla Model S or X.

For those of you who are really enjoying your Teslas, good for you and I wish you many more carefree miles/kilometres. I had just one short test drive a few weeks ago and was blown away by the instant torque, smooth Regen and technology. It took a lot of will power not to order one even though it would be difficult to afford it right now.

In forums like this one many people join to find the solution to problems, so it's normal for there to be far more complaints then praises. As far as I can tell, all automotive forums are like this. The majority of people who purchase a car have a decent experience and, unless they are interested in joining a community of owners or have issues, don't join the forum. They just drive their car.
As for the majority having a decent experience, they'd better be.

Look at the bottom of Car Reliability History | Detailed Ratings for the average problem rate for each system by model year in CR's surveys for the 12 month period they cover (well, less for the latest model year). If any system for a '15 or '16 in a given 12 month (or shorter period for '16s) period has much more than a 1 or 2% problem rate and enough respond to CR for that model year, that's enough to push that system to worse than average. Have a bunch of those and that model year's reliability rating will end up being below average.

(CR has stated numerous times they require at least 100 responses for a given model year to have sufficient data for that model year.)

Last edited:
Of course, about half of all cars sold will be below average.

Even though CR would like all cars to be above average, it only can happen at lake woebegone.

I am glad to see the OP has been enjoying his X, and taking the time to post his positive experience. My S also has had no need for unscheduled maintence, and has been an absolute joy to drive and own.

GSP

Last edited:
I'm waiting on delivery of my CPO X and I hoping that by the time I get it, all of the initial issues will have been resolved by the first owner.
Ha!
Have you considered that people might be a lot more enticed to part with cars they are not entirely happy about vs totally happy (i.e. be careful about the very first batch of X CPOs, and second too, ...)

Thank you, it's really good to see news like this.