Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero issues with opening the door with iPhone bluetooth connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Electroman

Aug 18, 2012
TX
I have had my L3 RWD for about 22 months now, and always had intermittent issues with my door not opening with my iPhone and it progressively got worse that around late last year the hit rate was less than 50% success. Most often I had to simply turn off and on bluetooth and wait for 15 seconds before I can open the door. It was frustrating.

All that changed with an update that come I believe sometime in November last year. I don't recall exactly which update fixed the problem, but I just realized that I had not used my keycard in the last few months. The door opens all the time without any hesitation or delays. It is a breeze and it works exactly as advertised. Good job Tesla.

I have had my L3 RWD for about 22 months now, and always had intermittent issues with my door not opening with my iPhone and it progressively got worse that around late last year the hit rate was less than 50% success. Most often I had to simply turn off and on bluetooth and wait for 15 seconds before I can open the door. It was frustrating.

All that changed with an update that come I believe sometime in November last year. I don't recall exactly which update fixed the problem, but I just realized that I had not used my keycard in the last few months. The door opens all the time without any hesitation or delays. It is a breeze and it works exactly as advertised. Good job Tesla.
Mine was perfect until about the same time, maybe a month or 2 earlier, then it became intermittent. I didn't used to have my Tesla app open on my phone then sometimes I did so it required me to pull out my phone and open the app. Not a huge deal but it was so perfect before. Failure rate is probably 20%.