Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero:Net - The UK's open Charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tweet from @gmArdenHotel today "Electric car charging station being used for the third time this week @ArdenHotel"

Twitter / gmArdenHotel: Electric car charging station ...

Leaf_On_Charge_Arden_Hotel_Stratford.jpeg

@Kevin: FWIW, just a thought on marketing...."Zero Carbon World" is a great name but "ZeroNet" always conveys to me something negative like there's nothing there, nothing left.

Given the way in which "ZeroNet" distinguishes itself from other charging networks, "Zero membership, zero hassle, zero CO2" might be a good slogan. Unfortunately it can't also say "Zero cost", or ZeroNet really would be a good name.

Earlier this week we hosted a visitor from Switzerland in his Tesla Roadster. I joined him on a two day, 317 mile trip from the Bath area to the Centre Alternative Technology in Machynlleth, Wales.

During the trip we charged on the 'fast' AC Charging Stations located at the Celtic Manor Resort (ZeroNet) where we paid £5 for parking and £0 for charging... we also charged at CAT for free... as usual everything 'just worked' :smile:

IMG_3080.JPG
IMG_3084.JPG
IMG_3085.JPG
IMG_3086.JPG
IMG_3087.jpg

I was also very happy to see a Leaf on a one year trial at The Celtic Manor which the driver said he loved!

IMG_3083.JPG

Hi Kevin. An excellent job you're doing. Well done.
Many thanks, it's a team effort :smile:

Why the different enclosures in many of your pictures? Is this an aluminium version like the one used in your EVSE Build video?
I do like the look of the WallPod.
We've had WallPods and our previous generation plastic enclosure live now for more than 4 years. We have discovered in that time that they are not wearing as well as we might like and took the decision to produce a more robust enclosure that was also more recyclable.