Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero:Net - The UK's open Charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
pre-production Charging Station protocol controller in a 90mm x 60mm x 18mm DIN module...

100_0554.JPG
100_0559.JPG

What are the presets of that 8 position rotary switch.
We don't have a definitive list of options that we will support using the rotary switch.

We will supply a number of standard parts many without the switch. The idea is that you will simply buy the appropriate current rating just like selecting a MCB.

We also have options for BT, serial comms, etc., so that you can hook up displays, switches, etc.

Just got on your site again and have some remarks
there are some things that I miss
I would like to search by B&B , Hotel, Restaurant, Attractions
I also would like to search by region
And get all these results on a list, not a map

I like the map, but when you search for attractions alone, you must click all the points, wondering if there are any!

Here's the first production 32A Type 2 ("mennekes") Charging Station to come off the line today :smile:
attachment.php?attachmentid=3886&d=1329322176&thumb=1.jpg

I assume this is a 1 phase device, since the breaker box has only one lever?
If yes, do you plan to produce a 3 phase capable EVSE with Mennekes Type 2 connector? This will play nicely in continental 3~ Europe! Would buy several for my home/outdoor EVSE requirements.

I assume this is a 1 phase device, since the breaker box has only one lever?
If yes, do you plan to produce a 3 phase capable EVSE with Mennekes Type 2 connector?
Yes, this is the 1 Phase version.... we will produce a 3 Phase 43kW version but that will be in a slightly larger box because of the switch gear required... our target price for that is 499 (GBP).

I noticed in the picture of the insides of the EVSE that it has a 4 pole contactor already. There seems to be adequate room on that middle rail to move the PWM module there and then mount a 4 pole RCBO on the top line - thereby getting a three phase EVSE into this same case. I guess you'd have to have a wider door/flap on it though (it appears to be 3 units wide). It would be neat if you could do that.

ApEOji0CMAAbOKj.jpg:large

Another thing you could do is have a 3 pole isolator in there and then put the RCBO upstream in the distribution board.

P.S. wonder why there are no smaller three phase RCBOs than 4 DIN modules? Because some random Australian guy managed to get a patent on a 3 DIN version and appears to be sitting on it!