Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero:Net - The UK's open Charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess that when I buy an electric car, I definatly will go roadtripping in the UK :-D
That would be great!

We've donated 130 Charging Stations and have ~70 sites live today so lots of choice all over the UK :smile:

ZeroNet_13_Apr_2012.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
So you're approaching 120 installations and have 82 sites. Which is very nice, BTW! Care to explain the delta? Do some sites have several installations?
ZCW publish three figures - number of locations live, number of locations installed (should be number installing IMO), and number of Charging Station donations. So today 82 locations are live, 120 locations will be live in the next month (or put another way 38 locations are actively installing today), and 150 Charging Stations have been donated.

Zero:Net locations contain Charging Stations from many sources, not just our donations (some Tesla HPC's and a DC Fast Charger for instance). However, these locations qualify for Zero:Net membership because they support our open charging network ethos. Put simply locations that support PAYG or include charging in return for some other service (eat, sleep, play, work, park, etc).

I understand from ZCW recommended electrical installation that a site should feature 2 or more ZCW charging stations so the donation of 1000 will be exhausted after <500 sites?
All locations must install at least two independent Charging Stations to provide redundancy. We will only donate two Charging Stations to each location and when they require more they buy them either from us (starting at £99 each) or from any suitable vendor. I have donated 1000 Charging Station to ZCW which will allow them to donate to 500 sites. We do have a number of EV driver groups and a major benefactor talking about what happens next... my personal ambition is to see 10,000 donated and a UK national network of open and reliable charging that everyone can use.

Last edited: