Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ZEV/Other Credits Q3

How much in ZEV/Other Credits will Tesla recognize in 3Q18?

• Zero

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • $100M

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • $200M

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • $300M

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • $400M

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • $500M or more

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ZEV credit sales will better than last quarter, probably $200-$300 million, but I think Q4 is where Tesla's really going to sell a lot of credits.

This SA post is IMO pretty good overall, but I'm not as sure about total ZEV credit purchases matching last year's total of 130,000.

Tesla's ZEV Credits: Iceberg For Shorts, Life Boat For Longs - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Based on the Q1/Q2 CA figures, Tesla is well ahead of where they were last year, and all of the other manufacturers combined have only reached roughly a third of their 2017 credit totals.

US Market Situation and Outlook (Rob Stark's American Megathread)

If the 3 takes as many plug-in sales away from other manufacturers as I think it will, they may need an additional 50k credits compared to last year. Or they can cut the prices on their plug-ins, but then they lose money on sales instead of via credit penalties, so that might be six of one/half dozen of another.

ZEV credit sales will better than last quarter, probably $200-$300 million, but I think Q4 is where Tesla's really going to sell a lot of credits.

This SA post is IMO pretty good overall, but I'm not as sure about total ZEV credit purchases matching last year's total of 130,000.

Tesla's ZEV Credits: Iceberg For Shorts, Life Boat For Longs - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Based on the Q1/Q2 CA figures, Tesla is well ahead of where they were last year, and all of the other manufacturers combined have only reached roughly a third of their 2017 credit totals.

US Market Situation and Outlook (Rob Stark's American Megathread)

If the 3 takes as many plug-in sales away from other manufacturers as I think it will, they may need an additional 50k credits compared to last year. Or they can cut the prices on their plug-ins, but then they lose money on sales instead of via credit penalties, so that might be six of one/half dozen of another.

You raise a great point, which I haven’t seen this discussed. Note, however, that Model 3 has so far taken more sales from ICE than other plug-ins