Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zextraterrestials S (tory)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya, I am constantly on the look out for ICE fires now :tongue:
The fire extinguisher is behind the passenger head and not visible in the rearview mirror. Pretty sweet spot. I tried to ask about the regulation and they said that electrical fires can happen too (not that it has in any Tesla, EVER!)
I guess If the car flew off a cliff and rolled a bunch it could somehow make a spark with ground contact and it will be close to 100F and sunny so I'd need my extinguisher then... not gonna happen, I like my car

Hoopa Hillclimb!

so..I didn't crash :biggrin: but there were 4 people that unfortunately did. 1 totaled car, 2 minor front corner damage and an F-Libre car that broke traction on a turn and went straight into a ditch. the car that was pretty ruined was a fixed up racing 370z. the driver set a record on his first run, on the first day but crashed on the second run. The car was screaming fast..ouch. driver was ok. the car was resting upside down in blackberries(very yummy one's too) juice everywhere. there happened to be a big rock right where he rolled. coming out of turn 8 , you can see his tire tracks going off to the left (in the vid)
370z.JPG

My best run is here:

I did hook up my altimeter logger but need to pull the data. I also mounted an ipod flat to my center and it showed - 1.25 braking g's 0.76 acceleration...and 1.1/1.3 L/r on each run. I was wondering how the potenza's were in cornering. I know by feel they are waay better than the conti's were when new. I'll need to check what my hankooks show on cornering for comparison

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch. My heart stopped for a second there, until I realized that it wasn't a Model S in the ditch :)

(Glad driver was OK)

The S is pretty stable. I think my only crash potential would be hitting a corner (5 or 11) too fast and not being able to brake - but then my line would be really crappy and slow.
If(when) I drive the road right I think I will manage to get a F stock record ( 5 seconds better than I was) It is tricky not to want to floor it out of corners and save some power for the upper area which is a little faster. My apex's were pretty crappy for many of the turns, only a few look decent in the video. It is tough not being able to drive the road as you would while racing it for practice. everything is a little different when you are on the 'wrong' side of the road.

Hoopa hillclimb 2013 run group 2 - YouTube
5:01 is when I come through...power limited and around 85-90. with full power I should be at 100-105 I think.
this is the long straight (turn 10), check out the run group 1 cars in the other vids - the porsche gt2 and 370 z are fast!

trophy.JPG

redwood tree trophy & Leilani autographed helmet
I should add my Elon signed plastic car to the pic but too late, numbers came off and car is clean again
I'm looking at a hillclimb in Oregon possibly in a couple of weeks...It was too much fun, damn Tesla

here is my first run ever. I was red flagged because the car in front threw a rod and the guy had pulled off in a safe spot near turn 5 but they had already called for a flag.

run1 elevation data.jpg

.... added this: results - http://http://www.rscc.net/pdf/Hoopa_2013_Final.pdf

August Autocross ;>

Skipped the Bible creek hill climb until the Superchargers in OR are complete and am running autox this weekend. Fresh set of front discs and pads from my 1 year service, yeeha lets brake them in ...break..:wink:

made a camera mount for the roof rack, different perspective but you can't see the right. Working on that right now for tomorrow.

Haha, I wonder if you're the only person so far to need new discs and pads so far. :) Definitely getting your $$$ worth out of the annual service.

Skipped the Bible creek hill climb until the Superchargers in OR are complete and am running autox this weekend. Fresh set of front discs and pads from my 1 year service, yeeha lets brake them in ...break..:wink:

made a camera mount for the roof rack, different perspective but you can't see the right. Working on that right now for tomorrow.

Drag racing against a Model S!

Tie but! I was a bit quicker on the timing :wink:

I had my 19 inch wheels on so it was nice to be able to compare. They are as quick in straight line but the 19" kill it in corners

drag slip vs Tesla.JPG

I beat him twice, didn't expect it but the track is slippery and I did get a jump off the line with the wider and stickier tires. I think I need some 295 rears and 265 fronts next racing set then the diameters will be better too.

last Autocross weekend of the year.
here is my best run from Saturday
On Sunday I did a couple of fun runs after the races were over and I did 1.5 seconds better and probably would have had top PAX points if I did it a couple of runs before
Can't wait till January and a new set of tires

Great driving !
I don't hear the balloon deflating sound during acceleration.
I'm also interested in what dash cam mfg. you are using.

Thanks, I'm getting better. The car is really fun!

Camera is a Tachyon xc micro. not bad for a pretty cheap helmet cam. shock proof/water proof and doe good in changing lighting too. not hd though. I think the new ones probably are

+ my car is really quiet compared to most. there is just a faint squeak under full power

Last edited:
1 Year (+ some)

It has been a bit over a year since my mail order Tesla girlfriend arrived. Joules and I have loved every minute of it. A couple of close calls here and there but she is so quick to respond and excellent at accident avoidance! Here is my painfully hand logged data of over 1 year. Soon I need to get an API (whatever that means:tongue: only learned basic, C, and fortran..in that order) working so I can get better #'s and stop writing every time I get in/leave my car.
Untitled.jpg

here is just SOC over the year. You can see the recent 90% is around 211-212 and the last full charge I did was at 248mi
charge.jpg

I was looking at some of my #'s from early on and noticed when I was @ 39 mi remaining after charging on 120 v for 14kW and I then drove 10 miles and used ~ 2.7 kWhr and I ended up at 40 mi rated afterwards. I think that was the most 'interesting' number change I saw. maybe something to do with balance? temps were in the 50's

I think there is better data out there than this, maybe? anyways, here is my mi/hr loss based on car dash numbers. I didn't keep track of every mi lost that I saw . Example- when you charge and then the mi drops a couple after the car sits. I might have counted this number a couple of times but mostly used overnight losses or longer periods of time. It does show that the losses are definitely getting better.
vamp.jpg

over 1 year I used 6224 kW and drove 16,723 miles. might be a 1 year driving miles record for me? put on at least 5k on a work truck too.

Elk in Humboldt. From an S, of course