Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zextraterrestials S (tory)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CF5Vs

Just had my tires moved to the Forgestars
I was planning on selling the MRR's but one of the fronts was bent:eek: maybe from Laguna Seca? Tires were mounted the week before and I don't remember hitting anything. I assume it was from coming back out of the sand on turn 2 maybe. Anyway I have rears and 1 front wheel staggered MRR Gt-1 8.5/9.5" they work very well for 285/255.

photo (1).JPG
photo (2).JPG

The Forgestars are pretty sweet. 285/255 is the way to go if you don't need extra range.

part of an autocross run from Sunday. One of the gentlemen that has been racing for years just bought a 2013 CTS-V
he beat me on Saturday and I was worried that might be the end of my local F-stock supremacy. Nope! I beat him on Sunday and the M3 beat both of us on his last run! super clean run. competition is really tight between these 3 cars! < 1/2 second between all of us for a ~1 minute track, funfun

Last edited by a moderator:
SSCC Fall Enduro

Well, I set a new track record for the F-Street class by > 2 seconds but sadly I was beat by 0.3 sec!!!
this is in a 4:22.9 s race, pretty damn close! The CTS-V has an amazing 5th lap of 51.9XX that made up for the first 4 :mad:
I ran 52.1X, 53.0x, 52.1x, 52.7x, 52.7x

still hella fun. but no record for the S, booooo. guess I'll need to try next year maybe.

my race lines were a little different than my practice session lines. I had ran 52.0X in practice while trying to take swoopy lines and during the race I ran tighter lines. must study my CAD drawing of the track and figure this thing out!

heading onto the final straight my accleraration was limited to ~0.52g's peak was 0.82g in the first couple of laps.

top speed between 75 and 80mph on the 2nd/3rd lap finish line straight

here is a practice session.
- - - Updated - - -

Crap, there sure are a lot of Porta-Potties so close around the track.
Would be kinda of a mess if someone accidentally hit one of those.
Why so many ?

people at drag races must eat some crappy foods :tongue: only one is 'owned' by the autocross club

Last event of 2014

Well, I did it! managed to beat the CTS-V by quite a bit in our last Auto X event this year.
Had my baby sliding pretty hard + hooking up at just the right time. almost don't believe the S can be so fast compared to some prepped auto X cars.
<3 seconds off top time.
I got a ride in the the Super 7 that you can see at the end of the video. WOW. caraazzzy. my sunglasses got rock chips!

this run had a 'fun' slide. just after :50 was drifting a bit facing the fence, @:53 surprised it hooked up, yay!

I kind of imagine this is a little bit what smoking crack makes you feel like :tongue:
..shaky, amped, lightheaded and can't see straight

Sweet runs! Any chance you'll be upgrading to the P85D and giving her a proper run? ;)

that would surely pull the S out of F street class.

I'd be interested in being sponsored :biggrin:

my P was the most I could realistically(not even!!!) spend on a car. almost full loaded ~100K - The PD is 35% more!! badassss too. I really don't want all the extra sensors. the seats and AWD+ power, sure.

curious how different the PD would be in cornering for autocross? sure it would kill it off the line and out of corners but it is a little heavier

that would surely pull the S out of F street class.

I'd be interested in being sponsored :biggrin:

my P was the most I could realistically(not even!!!) spend on a car. almost full loaded ~100K - The PD is 35% more!! badassss too. I really don't want all the extra sensors. the seats and AWD+ power, sure.

curious how different the PD would be in cornering for autocross? sure it would kill it off the line and out of corners but it is a little heavier

I'd imagine the superior traction in all situations would offset a lot of the weight penalty. I hope you get your hands on one to track! (sorry, not mine :) The Forgestars look amazing, btw.

Nice going, Scott! Are those aftermarket wheels?!
want to put them on you baby and see what it can do? :tongue:
that was some super 'lucky' timing for you! a green PD, wow
From his web site:
They are 19” Forgestar CF5V wheels.

They do look nice.

the rear offset w/ the 285 PSS will rub in low but they are the wider tread 285 XL tires, might make a difference?
it is a +34 offset
fronts are +35

I like the Forgestars. thinking a set of 9" all around w/ R rubber might be fun. need to sell at least 2 sets of wheels first!

here is a shot of autocross at Laguna Seca w/ the MRR Gt1 wheels. they fit really well but under really hard cornering the nuts under the suspension scrape the inside of the wheel a tiny when it flexes
15WvtoO.jpg

will sell these wheels for $450 if anyone wants them, preferably lower OR or norcal. one front has a dent but it wasn't noticeable until I had the wheel off. I think a new one is ~$250 or so

Last edited: