Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zion Canyon Visitors Center charging question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be camping at the Watchman grounds and was wondering how busy the two charging stations at the visitors center get. I could stop at the St. George SC on the way in but it's a little bit out of the way and I'd rather just charge near the campgrounds if possible.

Anyone know what kind of traffic those chargers get? Thanks.

There are also chargers at Zion Lodge. I stayed there about 3 years ago. At that time, I was the only EV there over the 48h I was there. Note that for the busy times of year, the access road is only open to patrons, otherwise you have to take the shuttle bus to that area..

• Helpful
Reactions: rhaekar
My recollection is that the visitor's center EVSEs are $5 for three days (I believe they give you a code). My suggestion would be to be at the Visitor's Center in the morning when it opens to nab one of the two spots before they fill up or get ICEd. I'd suggest parking in the charge spot early in the morning and standing in line for the Visitor's Center to open to purchase your code. It is an easy walk back to the campground, even loop E. Alternatively you could charge your car at night with a code purchased earlier. Just don't leave your car after it is full, if you can avoid it (being on the shuttle bus inside the valley or on a hike can make it difficult to get back to move the car).

When I was there in June of 2016 I wanted to purchase a code just to show support for the charge station (I was charging at the campground on TT-30) but the line for the Visitor's Center desk rangers was so long I decided not to bother. However, it appears that the code can be purchased at the bookstore, so that ought to be easier to manage.

FWIW.

Beautiful place to visit:

Panorama of Canyon walls Zion NP1702-04sf 6-10-16.JPG