Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zytek Elise - 1996 - Roadsters' real DNA ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike some who decry the Roadsters' Lotus Elise DNA, I've always loved the Elise, and especially its handling and on track behaviour. I had one of the 1st Elises in 1996, and was also was fascinated by electrification. This was around the time of AC Propulsions original TZero (which initially used Lead-Acid Batteries).

The Zytek Elise was more interesting as it was basically an electrified Lotus Elise, using Nickel-Cadmium batteries.

On a recent clearout I found some fascinating brochure and review materials ... I hope this may be of interest to Roadster Owners.

Zytek Electric Elise
Zytek Electric Elise Reviews 1997
Pre-Launch Lotus Elise Update 1996

As a postscript Russ Sciville, converted a Lotus Elise to Electric with Li-ion batteries in 2006 : Russ Sciville's 1998 Lotus Elise

Image (6).jpg Image (7).jpg Image (13).jpg

If I hadn't been working with Porsche from the late 80's i can guarantee I would have had a Lotus, and not only because I'm young enough to remember when James Bond had one. My wife used to joke to me about converting one for racing with, now I laugh as I have the next best thing.

Reactions: Mark77a