Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Cruise Not Available”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
71F553F8-5A11-4A33-AAF2-06CC5C11310B.jpeg
I’ve never seen this message in the first 18 months I’ve had my Model S, but it seems that I’m receiving this at least once a week recently:
“Cruise Not Available. Reduced Front Camera Visibility.”
Apparently, if there is too much sunshine hitting the front camera at the right angle, it prohibits and/or deactivates cruise control. Anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Today, I pulled into the supercharger in OKC with my 2017 (delivered 2018 actually) Model X 100D with autosteer and cruise working and when I pulled out and tried to turn on the cruise control, it said “not available”. There were no blue lines and no cars seen in front on the screen as before when it worked. Nothing else happened except the supercharging event. I also noticed that the beta wiper function for rain sensing also didn’t work. I have noticed that intermittently the auto lane change feature wouldn’t work and I’d have to override the autosteer to change lanes — that’s has been an issue since the car was delivered. I powered it down 4 separate times and the phone guys sent a refresh for the camera, but “no joy” — still won’t work. They say that there is a new software 10.12 out there, but... I think Elon has to personally sign off on it...
Any ideas?

Today, I pulled into the supercharger in OKC with my 2017 (delivered 2018 actually) Model X 100D with autosteer and cruise working and when I pulled out and tried to turn on the cruise control, it said “not available”. There were no blue lines and no cars seen in front on the screen as before when it worked. Nothing else happened except the supercharging event. I also noticed that the beta wiper function for rain sensing also didn’t work. I have noticed that intermittently the auto lane change feature wouldn’t work and I’d have to override the autosteer to change lanes — that’s has been an issue since the car was delivered. I powered it down 4 separate times and the phone guys sent a refresh for the camera, but “no joy” — still won’t work. They say that there is a new software 10.12 out there, but... I think Elon has to personally sign off on it...
Any ideas?

Did you have your issue resolved? My Model 3 is acting similarly and wondering what the fix may be. A mobile service tech is supposed to run a diagnosis this week.

I had this last night but it resolved itself after about 10-15 minutes. It was at night, doing 65 on the San Mateo Bridge and nothing really interesting happened. I had just SC'd maybe an hour before.

I did nothing to resolve it. I didn't power down. I didn't reboot. I didn't pull over and check the car. I just kept driving and tried it several times with the same result. Then about 10-15 minutes later it just worked on its own.

Same happened to me after on my S75D 2017, software version 2018.32.2 driving off from Super Charge session.
After about 5 minutes of driving Cruise, auto pilot and corresponding screen displays came back.
Maybe the system had to recalibrate after supercharger use?
Will have to see if it happens again next time I use a super charher.

Got this message yesterday without the clause about the camera. Tried it several times and finally rebooted at my next stop which solved the problem. Had a similar problem shortly after buying the car 2 years ago, where cruise control and AP were both deactivated. Ended up being a camera problem which was fixed by the mobile repair guy.