Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardware 4 in Australia and how to set home for a house in an estate.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi again,
Firstly, I was wondering is new 3's and Y's delivered to Australia have the new HW4? And if they do, is there a marked improvement in the vehicles?

Secondly, we live on a gated estate on a golf course in Noosa Heads. I'm trying to set 'Home' as my address but it defaults to an address 200m from my house so when we are at home Sentry Mode remains activated. Is there another way to set Home with say dropping a button or such?

Thanks
PH

You could try this?

To add a destination to your Favorites list, touch its pin on the map, then touch the star icon on the popup screen that appears. Enter a name (or leave as-is to accept the default name), then touch Add to Favorites. The star becomes solid and the destination is included on your Favorites list.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 3.07.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 3.07.46 PM.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Zoltrix77
You could try this?

To add a destination to your Favorites list, touch its pin on the map, then touch the star icon on the popup screen that appears. Enter a name (or leave as-is to accept the default name), then touch Add to Favorites. The star becomes solid and the destination is included on your Favorites list.
Thanks Sammody, you are a genius. One day I'll learn to read and be able to refer to the Manual LOL.

Reactions: sammody
Hi again,
Firstly, I was wondering is new 3's and Y's delivered to Australia have the new HW4? And if they do, is there a marked improvement in the vehicles?

I don't know about HW4 available for Australia but FSD is optimized with HW3 for now. Thus, if you have HW4, it runs in an emulation mode to fool the program thinking it's HW3.

The assumption is when FSD will stop running under the HW3 emulation but will run as HW4, it will be better.

I don't know about HW4 available for Australia but FSD is optimized with HW3 for now. Thus, if you have HW4, it runs in an emulation mode to fool the program thinking it's HW3.

The assumption is when FSD will stop running under the HW3 emulation but will run as HW4, it will be better.

Thanks Tam. Unfortunately FSD isn't on the table for Australia at this time (and maybe never will be).

Thanks Tam. Unfortunately FSD isn't on the table for Australia at this time (and maybe never will be).
I suspect HW4 is not superior to HW3 if you don't run FSD.

TACC and Autopilot can run fine with HW3 and HW3 still has lots of extra capacity and speed because it doesn't have to perform the hard work and complexity of FSD.

TACC and Autopilot only need to perform in one lane at a time: Very basic and simple. Extra computing power is just wasted.

Reactions: Power Hungry
I suspect HW4 is not superior to HW3 if you don't run FSD.

TACC and Autopilot can run fine with HW3 and HW3 still has lots of extra capacity and speed because it doesn't have to perform the hard work and complexity of FSD.

TACC and Autopilot only need to perform in one lane at a time: Very basic and simple. Extra computing power is just wasted.
FSD isn't using HW4 yet.

At this stage HW4 is running in a HW3 emulation mode in order to keep all the data consistent.

At some point they will unlock the HW4 capabilities when there is a critical mass reached, and that will be another leap forward

Secondly, we live on a gated estate on a golf course in Noosa Heads. I'm trying to set 'Home' as my address but it defaults to an address 200m from my house so when we are at home Sentry Mode remains activated. Is there another way to set Home with say dropping a button or such?
I had a similar problem and found that setting home while on my driveway instead of in my garage did the trick. I guess in the garage the gps signal was not as good, so the approximation picked the next street over.