Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen upgrade for older Model Y [none offered]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could they design something new? Sure, with whatever else might be required around that. Currently, however, there is no such thing as a tesla model 3 or Y with an ryzen CPU, without the heatpump, and the 16v li-ion battery, and I believe the octovalve.

They could design something new, or offer a retrofit with the li-ion battery and ryzen CPU if they wanted to, but its fairly rare for any car manufacturers to offer such things, The fact that tesla has even offered anything as a retrofit is pretty amazing, since other car manufacturers tell you "no buy the new one".

Even car manufacturers that say "this car is software updatable", other than Tesla, either release 1-2 updates a year, or none.

Would I buy an upgrade for my 2018 model 3? If it was offered and it wasnt more than a couple grand, yes. Am I expecting one? No. Am I surprised there isnt an upgrade? Not even a little bit. Do I think Tesla owes me the ability to upgrade my 2018 to the ryzen processor? No.

I get the feeling I am in the minority of Tesla owners on this though. As a group, at least as represented online, Tesla has the most entitled car owners I have ever seen.
I agree with you 100%

The fact tesla updates and “may offer/have” retrofits is cool but at the end of the day tesla just like almost any american company or foreign they really don’t have to do 💩
is it right? Is it wrong?

I guess that depends i understand why some people get frustrated or w.e because tesla/elon opened their mouths saying we can offer retrofits and updates etc. etc. or my favorite your car will magically appreciate compared to others

But at the end of the day i take anything a big company says with a grain of salt, and as you stated i noticed a lot of tesla owners seem to be entitled as hell they take things to literal and then wanna vent online

If they offered the retrofit that would be awesome for those stuck on Atoms.
Will they? I don’t think so at this point, but most owners srsly need to adjust some of the expectations on this stuff

Reactions: jjrandorin