Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Model Y - April/May Orders (May-Jun Delivery) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! First time poster here and just ordered my vehicle but couldn’t see a waiting room thread for aussies who have orders in April. I imagine there will be a lot due to the launch of the Long Range.

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior

Order Date: 17/04/23
ODD: May-Jun

Hoping this window is somewhat accurate as my lease papers are valid for 3 months.

Guess I'm joining this thread instead of the Feb-May....changed a couple times but I've settled on the LR in white/black/gemini config
And just like that we have a date range of May26-Jun15
model y date.png

Last edited:
I ordered MY-RWD-White with black interior 08/04 (Brisbane) and is still showing Est. Delivery Apr-Jun 2023. I need delivery by 30 June for this to be viable for tax purposes so this is going down to the wire. My confidence in the estimate has dropped significantly now that we are in May and it is still telling me that it could arrive in April (unless I missed an announcement about a time-travel pack?).

If I can't take delivery before the 30 June I'll have to let it go. If anyone knows of a way to get one sooner I'm all ears - happy to pay a small premium to guarantee delivery in time. I've looked at some of the guys on Facebook market place trying to sell their orders but they seem pretty shady. I'd happily pay a thousand bucks to swap orders if anyone is interested, mine should still arrive May-June, I just don't want to take the risk that it doesn't. I'll check with Tesla if they'd sanction that - they understandably frown on people trying to sell speculative orders for a quick buck, but a legit swap shouldn't have any negative side effects on the supply chain.

Hey Natty,
I also had mine show an EDD change to May 22 to June 10 and a Vin assigned this morning only to revert back to April-June window with the VIN and rego paperwork removed an hour later. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Red MY RWD white/black and induction wheels 10/02/2023 order
Waynebuck - almost the same - Melbourne: Red MY RWD black interior with 20 inch induction wheels ordered 25th of March no update yet on ETD but hopefully in next few days/weeks

Reactions: bean2006
Hey Natty,
I also had mine show an EDD change to May 22 to June 10 and a Vin assigned this morning only to revert back to April-June window with the VIN and rego paperwork removed an hour later. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Red MY RWD white/black and induction wheels 10/02/2023 order
Similar situation, delivery estimate reverted back to April-June for my 03/03 order. Upon enquiry, Tesla confirmed it was an error. Looks like we are not far away, till then, enjoying the roller coaster ride 🤓

Similar situation, delivery estimate reverted back to April-June for my 03/03 order. Upon enquiry, Tesla confirmed it was an error. Looks like we are not far away, till then, enjoying the roller coaster ride 🤓
Which part was the error - the EDD updated and Vin shown as being assigned, or it these rolling back to the good 'ol Apr - Jun 2023 text which is burned into all of our retinas?

Ordered my Model Y long Range, 2 hours after it became available so I'm interested to see what States get first Allocation.
I'm in Victoria

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior

Order Date: 04/04/23
ODD: May-Jun