Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be good to ask @Murphster if it looks like we need one?

I think if you spend a lot of time driving with the bonnet open then yes, you are likely to need it. Obviously the person in this photograph likes to leave their bonnet open parked underneath trees, which I guess is a choice they are allowed to make.

I personally can't drive with the bonnet open as the dog would escape the frunk and end up running around the Bruce Highway. So I probably would skip this accessory.

Otherwise do I hold off and use Tesla roadside assistance? Do they repair tyres on the spot or do they tow it to a tyre place?
They swap the whole wheel & tire with a Tesla loaner on the spot. They can either take your wheel back to the Tesla SC and fix/replace the tyre there (so you just drive up when they're done and they'll swap it back) or you can take it somewhere to get it fixed yourself, then return the loaner.

I think if you spend a lot of time driving with the bonnet open then yes, you are likely to need it. Obviously the person in this photograph likes to leave their bonnet open parked underneath trees, which I guess is a choice they are allowed to make.

I personally can't drive with the bonnet open as the dog would escape the frunk and end up running around the Bruce Highway. So I probably would skip this accessory.

Hold up.... you put your dog in the frunk?

Can i drive around with you in the boot for shits and giggles?

Hold up.... you put your dog in the frunk?
I know, it is a bit dumb. I realised the problem is cleaning his crap out after a long journey, especially when it is a bit less solid that usual.
I have ordered a rubber frunk liner that can be taken out and cleaned with a hose. Should be good once that arrives.

Although to be honest, as convenient as it is, I don't recommend this for anyone who still has an ICE Car in the family. My wife took the dog to the groomers yesterday and took our old car, still waiting to be sold, and in a moment of forgetfulness put him in on the engine. Thankfully she realised her mistake before she slammed the lid shut. So funny, we laughed like drains all night.

I don't have the WC, I'll be using the mobile connector at home.

Next month I'll buy one of these adaptors, and get a sparky to install a 5-pin 32A outlet (single phase) for 7kw charging.

For me this works out cheaper, and decently faster than using the regular outlet.

1704259376012.png

Next month I'll buy one of these adaptors, and get a sparky to install a 5-pin 32A outlet (single phase) for 7kw charging.

For me this works out cheaper, and decently faster than using the regular outlet.

View attachment 1005242
I put one in my shed for when the car is in there getting the pubes vaccumed out.
WC in normal daily car parking spot.

• Funny
Reactions: edy80y
My mobile charging connector arrived today :)

So did mine!

However, being the cheapskate I am I couldn’t see the point of spending $550 on something I could buy for much less elsewhere. So I got this.

Charged it this morning for a few hours, does the job nicely. And to be honest, is there really any difference to the Tesla one? They are both just cables made in China at the end of the day.

IMG_3134.jpeg

View attachment 1005242

I’m the same. I have solar, I work from home, I am going to try and just charge using the mobile charger and see how it goes. If I really need it I am only 15mins from a supercharger.

I might change and do something different in the future, but I figure worth just seeing how it works out before I spend any more money.