Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - so I've had my new Model 3 Highland RWD for about a month now but I've noticed that the max on 100% charge is only 399 kms. I never expected it to be close to the WLTP but 399 seems ways too low. Can I ask what range do others gets with a similar set up? thanks in advance

Hi - so I've had my new Model 3 Highland RWD for about a month now but I've noticed that the max on 100% charge is only 399 kms. I never expected it to be close to the WLTP but 399 seems ways too low. Can I ask what range do others gets with a similar set up? thanks in advance
Do you drive aggressively or around hills etc?
If you have a look at the power app it will show you some data that might be of interest :)

I’m on about 90% charge atm

IMG_0304.jpeg

Do you drive aggressively or around hills etc?
If you have a look at the power app it will show you some data that might be of interest :)
Not really - I'm usually on the green line or thereabouts for power consumption. Always within the speed limit, accelerate gradually 99% of the times unless the situation calls for it once in a while... but 399 is the range displayed when its 100% charged. so I'm thinking i should get it looked at?

Reactions: dronus
Not really - I'm usually on the green line or thereabouts for power consumption. Always within the speed limit, accelerate gradually 99% of the times unless the situation calls for it once in a while... but 399 is the range displayed when its 100% charged. so I'm thinking i should get it looked at?
Yeah raise a service call if you like, they might be able to look thru the diagnostics and fix something up for you forsure

The car's displayed km in the battery icon is calculated off EPA algorithm and does not change whatever your driving style. I wonder if the reading is modified at the factory when you order the car with larger rims.

The Tesla ads uses WLTP in Australia and other places. The efficiency sticker that comes With the car uses another standard. Hence the confusion

Last edited:
Funny experience on the road just now. Had a Ford Raptor come flying up beside me then just sat there with the guy having a good look all over the car.

Get to a set of lights and he winds down the window and is leaning over wanting to talk to me, I'm thinking here we go as I wind mine down (good case of poor stereotyping), he says "that car looks f'ing awesone" lol

Goes to show you can't put all drivers of a particular type in one bucket.

Funny experience on the road just now. Had a Ford Raptor come flying up beside me then just sat there with the guy having a good look all over the car.

Get to a set of lights and he winds down the window and is leaning over wanting to talk to me, I'm thinking here we go as I wind mine down (good case of poor stereotyping), he says "that car looks f'ing awesone" lol

Goes to show you can't put all drivers of a particular type in one bucket.
He was absolutely correct too.

Just wait till he sees a Stealth Gray :)

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22