Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2024.14.3 Video is up

Hopefully you guys will all be enjoying it soon!

Just watched thanks for the video! Will install update tonight, super excited, looks like a big update, love the option of full screen browser now when parked + rear screen turn off option if no passenger on park

PS. Hey all, exactly 3 months to the day now since I picked up my M3 Highland, and still loving it as much as day 1.

Haven't checked in here in awhile hope everyone's good! Guess haven't had a need to since everything well just works, car running well, kids still love it

PS OVO has been a gamechanger, thanks to Sam I think in here it was that sent referral, now I'm referring relo's, my usual $150-200 a month electricity bill came down to $85 a month average last 3 months, since we shifted our routines to use as much as possible during the 3 hours free window + 80% off 12-6am

On the car front just two minor announces to report on,

1st the creaky centre armrest - anyone else have this issue? leaning my arm on it/opening closing it sounds very creaky annoying like a way more budget car

2nd thing is the steering wheel creaks at low speed, i.e. turning in shopping centre carparks, and parking going in/out driveway etc - it doesn't happen all the time but enough to annoy me, and its short sudden bursts of creaks

Not sure if can be bothered going service centre just for this and wasting time for these minor issues - but don't want to leave it also, I just wish Tesla would come out instead for mobile service on these. Would there be a way to request mobile technician only?

Reactions: sammody
Just watched thanks for the video! Will install update tonight, super excited, looks like a big update, love the option of full screen browser now when parked + rear screen turn off option if no passenger on park

PS. Hey all, exactly 3 months to the day now since I picked up my M3 Highland, and still loving it as much as day 1.

Haven't checked in here in awhile hope everyone's good! Guess haven't had a need to since everything well just works, car running well, kids still love it

PS OVO has been a gamechanger, thanks to Sam I think in here it was that sent referral, now I'm referring relo's, my usual $150-200 a month electricity bill came down to $85 a month average last 3 months, since we shifted our routines to use as much as possible during the 3 hours free window + 80% off 12-6am

1st the creaky centre armrest - anyone else have this issue? leaning my arm on it/opening closing it sounds very creaky annoying like a way more budget car

2nd thing is the steering wheel creaks at low speed, i.e. turning in shopping centre carparks, and parking going in/out driveway etc - it doesn't happen all the time but enough to annoy me, and its short sudden bursts of creaks

Not sure if can be bothered going service centre just for this and wasting time for these minor issues - but don't want to leave it also, I just wish Tesla would come out instead for mobile service on these. Would there be a way to request mobile technician only?
I do get those little creaks coming from the steering wheel at slow speeds too, sounds like something is rubbing.
I just figured something is in fact rubbing haha.

Reactions: Mes1
I was thinking revving V8 sounds

1714629715145.png

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok and dronus

My steering wheel made the same noise (from day 2). Service Centre heard it immediately on a short drive and I get the wheel replaced in June (issue is an inaccessible part in the wheel).

Reactions: Mes1 and dronus
My steering wheel made the same noise (from day 2). Service Centre heard it immediately on a short drive and I get the wheel replaced in June (issue is an inaccessible part in the wheel).
oh wow!, yeah mine started maybe a 3-4 weeks after pick up, just out of nowhere i started hearing it and now happens daily.

Might get it checked out, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: dronus
Drove to work this morning with the new software and the full screen view - wow - it was seeing pedestrians in the dark this morning that I hadn't even noticed yet, I thought it was a glitch to start with!

Windscreen wipers seemed to have zero auto functionality and it rained the entire way but I'll give it a reboot before I drive home tonight and see how it goes. Loving the new interface though, super futuristic!

Hopefully the windscreen wipers are not worse than what I deal with already

My WRX STi has poor windscreen wipers. I squinted through my window yesterday while waiting for them to finally figure out they were meant to turn on during rain.

Earlier the same day before the rain hit I also watched them dry wipe twice when the sun was shining.

Hopefully the windscreen wipers are not worse than what I deal with already

My WRX STi has poor windscreen wipers. I squinted through my window yesterday while waiting for them to finally figure out they were meant to turn on during rain.

Earlier the same day before the rain hit I also watched them dry wipe twice when the sun was shining.
Yeah, definitely not an issue unique to Tesla, though we've definitely had some significant struggles.

The good news is they've been near perfect for me the past couple of months and seeing a lot of people start to report similar. I won't go as far to say they are solved but it's looking promising.