Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove to work this morning with the new software and the full screen view - wow - it was seeing pedestrians in the dark this morning that I hadn't even noticed yet, I thought it was a glitch to start with!

Windscreen wipers seemed to have zero auto functionality and it rained the entire way but I'll give it a reboot before I drive home tonight and see how it goes. Loving the new interface though, super futuristic!
its sooooo good! and the visualisations, actually show other cars in front with their brake lights on or off

Reactions: Jules22
The boot UWB thing it quite sensitive.

I was just ginning around sweeping up pubes in the shed before and everytime I walked past the car boot it would beep.
I wasn’t there long enough to get a few beeps but it’s interesting to see how it reacts when you approach from different angles.
Eventually I put my phone on a bench so the car wouldn’t beep then I forgot where I put my phone but that’s unrelated.

Also, the speed chimes were quite good today but it would seem that the system isn’t aware which way the camera is facing so it chimes when you approach from either direction.
All of the cameras I went past were present and accounted for in the navigation.

Also, the speed chimes were quite good today but it would seem that the system isn’t aware which way the camera is facing so it chimes when you approach from either direction.
All of the cameras I went past were present and accounted for in the navigation.
Nice. Yeah it had every camera that I passed on the whole CBR - MEL - ADL - CBR trip except for one mobile one.

Reactions: dronus
The boot UWB thing it quite sensitive.

I was just ginning around sweeping up pubes in the shed before and everytime I walked past the car boot it would beep.
I wasn’t there long enough to get a few beeps but it’s interesting to see how it reacts when you approach from different angles.
Eventually I put my phone on a bench so the car wouldn’t beep then I forgot where I put my phone but that’s unrelated.
I haven't got the update yet, but wondering is it possible to turn it on/off on the phone app? Wouldn't it be quite annoying if don't need the boot to open but you're standing behind it chatting with a mate lol

I haven't got the update yet, but wondering is it possible to turn it on/off on the phone app? Wouldn't it be quite annoying if don't need the boot to open but you're standing behind it chatting with a mate lol
I can’t see anywhere in the app to turn it on or off, only in the car.
Just do what that guy in “out of spec” reviews does and just pace backwards and forwards haha.

Reactions: Arashiii
So might be a stupid question, and I could probably look this up, but is there another port apart from the glovebox port that I can plug an ssd into to play music and videos?

Or is it only the glovebox port?
if it is I’ll start experimenting with small usb hubs as I’d like to avoid unplugging the sentry drive

So might be a stupid question, and I could probably look this up, but is there another port apart from the glovebox port that I can plug an ssd into to play music and videos?

Or is it only the glovebox port?
if it is I’ll start experimenting with small usb hubs as I’d like to avoid unplugging the sentry drive
Pretty sure it's only the glovebox in the M3H.

I just threw a cheap 4 port USB hub in there and that's been working well for me

Pretty sure it's only the glovebox in the M3H.

I just threw a cheap 4 port USB hub in there and that's been working well for me
I have this cheap usb2 hub but good excuse to go down to officeworks and get a usb3 hub.

image.jpg

Reactions: Jules22
Ohh I’ll go and have a look to see if it automagically fixed itself…. Standby
Yep looks like it updated itself at the end of charging early this morning so the good news is, for all of you who cbf following that process it will update itself when you next finish a charge.
Being lazy and patient finally paid off..

Pics with 10a and 15a tails..

IMG_0360.jpeg
IMG_0361.jpeg

Interesting...

and no I haven't tried moonwalking yet :) ...
Did you end up trying moonwalking?

I’m on the prowl for a new lock sound. I’ve had a few council “community safety” cars circulating over the road and I’m just waiting for an ACME plain white van to turn up and men in black jump out next time my car makes the goat noise.