Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had previous cars coated with OptiCoat Pro and GTechniq Crystal Serum. Both have worked well in stopping dirt/duct from sticking - being easy to clean, adding a bit of depth of gloss and stopping micro sctratches, but they don't protect against big scratches, shopping trolleys and car doors.... In my experience, the prep work is the most important part.

My NL provider also uses MotorOne, and in the name of science I'm going with their product which is Hydro G9+. I suspect that as MotorOne operate several brands they have different product names for the same products. In any case, online reviews seem to be mostly positive. Where negative it seems that the issue is factory clear coat failure.

Will report back first impressions once completed.
So, yesterday was the day when Zappi went in for tint and paint protection with my NL company's choice - MotorOne.

Results seem very similar to previous experience with OptiCoat Pro and GTechniq Crystal. There is extra gloss and depth and it sheds water like a beast. Happy with the tint also. Received their warranty today which does not require annual check ups. I was concerned prior to the booking as their requirements stressed that the car be freshly washed as I thought that they may be short-cutting the prep, however this was more so that they could identify any paint defects at drop-off.

Note - nowhere near @BTRProducer KITT level of gloss though (it is insane).

@Wagits when do you get yours done?

Pics:
IMG_2644.jpg
Need to double check for middle-aged fat dude in boxer shorts taking photo in reflection! :)

IMG_2643.jpg

Good reflection.

IMG_2646.jpg

Drizzle tonight beading and shedding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavarse
So, yesterday was the day when Zappi went in for tint and paint protection with my NL company's choice - MotorOne.

Results seem very similar to previous experience with OptiCoat Pro and GTechniq Crystal. There is extra gloss and depth and it sheds water like a beast. Happy with the tint also. Received their warranty today which does not require annual check ups. I was concerned prior to the booking as their requirements stressed that the car be freshly washed as I thought that they may be short-cutting the prep, however this was more so that they could identify any paint defects at drop-off.

Note - nowhere near @BTRProducer KITT level of gloss though (it is insane).

@Wagits when do you get yours done?

Pics:View attachment 1047690Need to double check for middle-aged fat dude in boxer shorts taking photo in reflection! :)

View attachment 1047692
Good reflection.

View attachment 1047693
Drizzle tonight beading and shedding.
Looks schmick mc75. I feel a lot better now as I was also concerned with all their conditions prior to bringing it in. Thanks for posting. Mine goes in Monday, I am so paranoid I have locked car in garage and won't drive it till I get it done. Well, if it doesn't rain I might drive it.

Reactions: dronus
So I picked up the M3H yesterday. It seemed perfect and the experience was short and sweet. Driving in city traffic I was on tenderhooks and stalled in traffic when I took my seatbelt off to take off a jacket. Couldn't figure out how to start it again for a minute. Made a lot of people angry on South Dowling St. Went to Newcastle to visit someone and test it out. It took a while to work out how to drive it but by the end of the day I was doing it. I live near Galston Gorge which has lots of descending hairpin bends. The M3H was a delight. A driver in a Porsche Macan was tailgating me while I was trying to be good and stay under the speed limit. I left him for dead instead. 😏 Naughty naughty.

Attachments

• 20240516_095646.jpg
    20240516_095646.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 1
So I picked up the M3H yesterday. It seemed perfect and the experience was short and sweet. Driving in city traffic I was on tenderhooks and stalled in traffic when I took my seatbelt off to take off a jacket. Couldn't figure out how to start it again for a minute. Made a lot of people angry on South Dowling St. Went to Newcastle to visit someone and test it out. It took a while to work out how to drive it but by the end of the day I was doing it. I live near Galston Gorge which has lots of descending hairpin bends. The M3H was a delight. A driver in a Porsche Macan was tailgating me while I was trying to be good and stay under the speed limit. I left him for dead instead. 😏 Naughty naughty.
Congratulations!
Enjoy exploring your new car, and yes, as you found out, taking your seatbelt off puts in park haha.

Looks schmick mc75. I feel a lot better now as I was also concerned with all their conditions prior to bringing it in. Thanks for posting. Mine goes in Monday, I am so paranoid I have locked car in garage and won't drive it till I get it done. Well, if it doesn't rain I might drive it.
I drove mine around for a few days (or a week I think) before it went in for ceramic coating and tint etc.
it’s been thru a lot more getting here on those trucks and in the holding yard but it’s up to you :) don’t forget to enjoy it haha.

I have to park in a shopping centre car park today and I’m absolutely consumed with anxiety about it haha. Even drove past it last night to sus out good spots to park.
Fingers crossed nothing happens!

Reactions: Pablo Picasso
Most of the other cars there were unregistered or in dealer plates - mostly Volvos and Benz’s. I suspect they’re mostly doing work for Dealers’ Ming Mols and push the prep back to the dealers.

We took out down the Gold Coast on the weekend so it ended up with a coating of sea spray. I washed it around 8 on Tuesday night and then got up early to give it another rinse and dry it in the daylight. Of course, as soon as I dropped the drying cloth into laundry it started raining!

Reactions: Pablo Picasso
I drove mine around for a few days (or a week I think) before it went in for ceramic coating and tint etc.
it’s been thru a lot more getting here on those trucks and in the holding yard but it’s up to you :) don’t forget to enjoy it haha.

I have to park in a shopping centre car park today and I’m absolutely consumed with anxiety about it haha. Even drove past it last night to sus out good spots to park.
Fingers crossed nothing happens!
You had to mention the ordeal it suffered being on the 🚚
Shopping centre carparks are awful. Once saw this person trying to get around a pillar, she scraped the pillar, she reversed and back into drive and scraped it again, this happened 5 times. She finally got it in a d everything from front door to rear end side was demolished. It's like she thought the car would just squeeze itself in to get by.

• Funny
Reactions: mcv75 and dronus
You had to mention the ordeal it suffered being on the 🚚
Shopping centre carparks are awful. Once saw this person trying to get around a pillar, she scraped the pillar, she reversed and back into drive and scraped it again, this happened 5 times. She finally got it in a d everything from front door to rear end side was demolished. It's like she thought the car would just squeeze itself in to get by.
I’ve worked out a cunning plan.
I’m driving my car to a friends work then taking their car instead.
Anyone that things that idea is crazy hasn’t parked at collonades shopping centre.

• Funny
Reactions: mcv75