Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the WA thread-

Noted ship tracker Morten Grove has declared Grand Pace as a probable Tesla carrier. It loaded at one of the known spots in Shanghai.

The good news? The previously unknown destination is Melbourne.
Hopefully it brings with it a sea of Model Y’s to everyone waiting.

The fact it’s skipping straight to Melbourne implies it could have West bound vehicles on it, but I’m only predicting possibilities - not facts

Reactions: TheRug80
I posted this in the WA thread-

Noted ship tracker Morten Grove has declared Grand Pace as a probable Tesla carrier. It loaded at one of the known spots in Shanghai.

The good news? The previously unknown destination is Melbourne.
Hopefully it brings with it a sea of Model Y’s to everyone waiting.

The fact it’s skipping straight to Melbourne implies it could have West bound vehicles on it, but I’m only predicting possibilities - not facts
ETA 25 May! :)

(Melbourne, Victoria) Order my RWD Y yesterday, completed all the required fields in the app.

Today : Received my invoice and VIN number.

The app states an estimated delivery date as May 20 - June 10.

The waiting game begins!

Fast forward to today, settlement of the Y should be tomorrow and pick-up / delivery is next week!

Got my Tesla UMC w/ 32A adapter tail and getting an electrician to install a new 32A circuit w/ 5-pin 32A socket in the garage.

Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Wagits and TheRug80
Fast forward to today, settlement of the Y should be tomorrow and pick-up / delivery is next week!

Got my Tesla UMC w/ 32A adapter tail and getting an electrician to install a new 32A circuit w/ 5-pin 32A socket in the garage.

Looking forward to it.
Congrats! It's still taken quite a while for an existing stock vehicle to get to you. I'm super jealous though! Enjoy!!

Congrats! It's still taken quite a while for an existing stock vehicle to get to you. I'm super jealous though! Enjoy!!

Thankyou :)

I know - I would have thought "inventory" stock would have a faster turnaround.

It makes me wonder though - how many cars are actually being sold / delivered to demand such a long wait time for a car that's already built / onshore?