Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6,000 miles on my winter tires on my current alignment.

1716838541490.png

Fronts
1716838472692.jpeg

Rears
1716838490203.jpeg

So tired of replacing tires on this car, toe plates will be here Friday so I can swap back to stock camber in the off season (I don’t run again till September)

Reactions: dsgerbc
Top two EV-X beat fastest AS at Nationals last year, by a fair amount even, and the AS cars were Z06's driven by national champs.

The data we have so far is that the 2023 and earlier M3P cars are BS cars when stock, and faster than AS (but slower than SS) in EV-X trim. At least until someone does a full-to-the-wall EV-X build, and maybe they might approach SS.

(This all assumes national style courses and concrete. Local courses are all over the place)
Idk around here AS and what used to be SSR were the classes that had cars/drivers that scared me 🤪 But I also don’t have a max effort evx build.

To @gearchruncher's point, it doesnt really matter what you run if you're not running against nationally competitive folk. Run what ever you want cause as the old joke goes, dont get mad at the ES miata that shows up and raw times most people (because driver).

Quite the difference between locally competitive and nationally. I did this annual endurance autocross they have here each year which is 5 ~45-55s laps on a gokart track with a specific layout. I was fastest in PAX by something like 15 seconds because I was being a "try-hard" and trying to set a record. But its mostly a smaller club with quick "locals".

So if you want to run AS, and that works locally, cool.

Reactions: Conebra
IMG_0989.jpeg

Got my toe plates today. They showed I had almost 0.30 of toe out up front (the alignment machine showed 0.10 toe in). Combined with the -2.6° camber im sure aggravated the issue of extreme inner wear of my street tires. I have probably never gotten a good alignment before from this rack.

I popped the shims back in and aligned it to less than 1/16” toe in. Should fix that problem.

Reactions: superflyrolla