Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Better than Redwood Motorsports?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 MYLR, 19" wheels, 30K miles. I put Redwood Motorsports coil overs on years ago. Since then many other options have shown up, like the Tesla comfort suspension. Are any of these actually better than what I have already? I'm only looking for comfort, nothing else. For this early Y, the Redwood Motorsports coil overs took the ride from terrible to just tolerable. , I run the tires at 38 pounds

What version do you have? and what spring rates?
Stock "Comfort suspension" is terrible IMO.

I have tried the stock 2023 MYP comfort, 2024 LR, RT and Street versions of Ohlin's and several different spring combos.

Redwood cloud spec should = Ohlin's street damping. Near perfect over everything.

6-7k front and 9-11k rear springs are the sweet spot for MYP ride height with comfort damping. Having at least a +2k difference in the rear gives you a flat ride and no head toss. I'm running 7/11k and could go to 10 for slightly better comfort, but tend to find the bump stops when I'm really pushing it. Our roads are rough and I like to attack them. Looking to get a smaller stock front sway bar to reduce side to side rock on bumpy roads and give the front more grip.

Redwood cloud or Ohlin's street with 6/9k springs at stock to +5mm MYP ride height is probably the best money can buy. Others can chime in on MPP. MPP quality is absolutely top notch. I have their camber arms.

I would stay away from UP as they are more show and overpriced IMO.

2020 MYLR, 19" wheels, 30K miles. I put Redwood Motorsports coil overs on years ago. Since then many other options have shown up, like the Tesla comfort suspension. Are any of these actually better than what I have already? I'm only looking for comfort, nothing else. For this early Y, the Redwood Motorsports coil overs took the ride from terrible to just tolerable. , I run the tires at 38 pounds
What you have is excellent, but it’s not going to give you a Lexus ride