Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Adaptors 101

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're looking to be neat and tidy and wish to mount the UMC to the wall I'd suggest the longer cable (90cm on the link I provided US$95), or $230 on evchargers.com.au because as you can see from mine (30cm) it won't reach the wall with a protruding 5 pin socket. I don't mind mine just hanging there but each to their own.

View attachment 1045568

That is correct.
Can always 3d print (or buy) a base that the UmC cradle (also a separate print/purchase) can sit on to hold it proud of the wall at a similar elevation to the socket and then either clip the flexible cable back or leave it hanging.
A pole mount stirrup might work too, or print something similar

Or extend the cable (get a sparky to do it)

Or, I did see one install where they recessed the socket enclosure into the wall so that the socket plate was just proud of the wall, which gave the UMC enough angle on the dangle to be held in the cradle.
The only bad thing I noticed with that was that, ergonomically it was a PITA to install and awkward to unhook the socket and UMC to put in the boot. But I think it was a semipermanent installation (or ended up being) in the end

I am waaaaay too lazy when I use the umc in the shed and it looks like yours :)

Reactions: OzVic
I'll just now have to buy a 32A tail for the Tesla UMC - so it'll be something like this :

That’s one weird looking tail with a connector in the middle - I would not want to be using that. It should have one continuous piece of cable no intermediate connectors.

A poster pointed out that the ones made locally can be made with different cable lengths.

Reactions: dronus
That’s one weird looking tail with a connector in the middle - I would not want to be using that. It should have one continuous piece of cable no intermediate connectors.

A poster pointed out that the ones made locally can be made with different cable lengths.

It was just an example photo.

The actual 32A tail unit which I will buy and connect to the UMC is the below:

5 Pin | 32 Amp | Single Phase | Tesla Adapter for Tesla Gen 2 UMC Univ

It should look like the below:

1715298383442.png

Reactions: dronus
If you're looking to be neat and tidy and wish to mount the UMC to the wall I'd suggest the longer cable (90cm on the link I provided US$95), or $230 on evchargers.com.au because as you can see from mine (30cm) it won't reach the wall with a protruding 5 pin socket. I don't mind mine just hanging there but each to their own.

The 32A tail I bought is 40cm long, but I won't yet buy a mount for the UMC until it's actually installed, just in case it ends up like yours pictured.

I will however just get a hook to loosely coil the cable.

Reactions: OzVic
You're right, Goodwe has a 3 phase charger.
However its smart/solar charging is via Goodwe cloud (SEMS) which feels gross, compared to local control and/or ct-clamps.
Hi,

I was hoping to find out if anyone has this setup i.e. Goodwe inverter and charger and how are they finding it with the solar only charging option. Any issues or glitches? There are not many reviews that I could find.