Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continuous big motor sound once drive over 15mph at 2020 Model X, is not normal or need repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyboday, it's excited to join this club. recently I purchased a used 2020 Model X, the tire noise control is good for me , but I realized a
Continuous motor sound like noise start once driving over 15MPH, I captured a recording , wondering any buddies can help to listen is it normal or need a service check? the sound start from 15s in the recording file, much appreciate it!

Unfortunately normal,,,,,at least for Tesla X. I got a new 2023 in December. It was the first thing I noticed. Coming from the New BMW IX 50 (which I owned for nearly two years prior), the BMW was absolutely silent!! Even on the Highway at 85 MPH. I took to Tesla and this is what they said...Some of the Model Xs did not have insulation around the motor. They took my apart to look and said that mine was one of the ones to not have insulation. Then they put it back together again and say if I want it, they can put it on for around $2,000. Despite the fact that it was missing, they heard it too, and the car was only a week old,,,they concluded that this was a normal sound. LOL. It seems the new thing with Tesla is that anytime they either don't want to fix something or don't want to honor a warranty repair, they simply say its either "normal" or the driver caused the problem