Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck spotted in Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it fit in a Maccas drive through?
Probably would be ok in US where they have those big butt trucks.
I saw a newish ford ranger run his wheels along the gutter, then scrape a panel on a post at the hindley street maccas drive thru while I was waiting the 3 light years for the lights to change (no I wasn’t working on the corner @edy80y )
The ranger then went back and kinda got himself wedged good and proper.
It was pretty funny, the big ish dude couldn’t get out of the car as the door was now hard up against a tree and all I could hear was the F words over and over.
Not sure how he got it out, maybe used his winch and maxx traxx

Would be interesting to see. I know I've seen plenty of videos of them going through drive-thru's in the US, but possibly they are bigger there, can't remember if they were or not last time I was there.

The CT also has a pretty incredible turning circle with the four wheel steering, so would definitely be interesting to try.

Reactions: dronus
Yes, I hadn’t considered the 4 wheel steering
If I recall correctly Honda Euro cars had 4wheel steering in the 80s?
I used to crew on a boat on weekends and my skippers dad used to tow it with a Honda sedan of some sort and used to love showing off “going sideways” down Lonsdale highway. Not sure what the boat trailer would do, but it was only a 303/125 so a single axle

I know it’s heresy to criticise anything Tesla related here, but I think these things are an absolute f’ing joke. They’ll be bought by the same insecure people who thought they looked cool driving around the CBD 15 years in a Hummer while playing American gangsta rap at full noise with the windows down. Usually middle aged balding nerdy accountant looking blokes. (And yes, I know I’m a middle aged nerdy balding accountant looking bloke :p )

Size comparisons (mm):

Length: 5683 (CT), 5381 (Ranger Raptor), 5320 (HiLux SR5)

Width: 2413 (CT with mirrors) 2032 (CT excluding mirrors), 1922 (Ranger mirrors not specified), 1855 (Hilux SR5 mirrors not specified)

Height: 1741 (CT on lowest air setting) 1946 (CT on highest air setting), 1955 (Ranger), 1865 (HiLux SR5)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
I know it’s heresy to criticise anything Tesla related here, but I think these things are an absolute f’ing joke. They’ll be bought by the same insecure people who thought they looked cool driving around the CBD 15 years in a Hummer while playing American gangsta rap at full noise with the windows down. Usually middle aged balding nerdy accountant looking blokes. (And yes, I know I’m a middle aged nerdy balding accountant looking bloke :p )
I could not agree with you more (and I’m also middle aged, balding). This vehicle is for people who are insecure in real life and try to overcompensate for that with their car…

The considerable interest and preorders would indicate you're the out of touch one.
Objectively it's a very good product with an iconic appearance and a reasonable price. "absolute f'ing joke" is ignorance.

The considerable interest and preorders would indicate you're the out of touch one.

There are no “preorders”. There are a lot of $100 refundable reservations, which is an entirely different thing. I’ve read reports that 40-50% of the initial reservations have already been cancelled. But of course, Tesla is not transparent about these things, so we’ll never know.

What we do know is that real-world reviews of the Cybertruck and people’s experiences a few months in are often less than flattering. Issues with the stainless steel exterior looking shyte after a few months, poorer performance than expected, the battery expansion vapourware, the recall, etc. It’s hard to see that generating positive word-of-mouth cachet.