Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam / Sentry: How they work and what they do (and dont) do

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still learning.

Today, for the first time, I returned to the car from lunch, and there was a green banner box note to the effect “1 incident recorded”.

I don’ think my car has dashcam - at least that is greyed out.

Where do I find any information on what the car thought was enough to post a notice of incident ?

Still learning.

Today, for the first time, I returned to the car from lunch, and there was a green banner box note to the effect “1 incident recorded”.

I don’ think my car has dashcam - at least that is greyed out.

Where do I find any information on what the car thought was enough to post a notice of incident ?
It turns gray when you are reviewing footage because it can't simultaneously do this while recording.

To view events recorded by Sentry mode, you can click the dashcam icon to bring up the viewer and then click the menu to choose the Sentry section as per below video:

Reactions: Joesmoe3
I didn't want to open a new thread, so I will use this one for my Sentry Mode quesions. I've got quite some :D

1. How sensitive is Sentry Mode on parking lot: I assume it triggers when a car tries to park next to you?
  2. Does it then turn on the headlights? If so, what is your experience with others who are triggering it - to me it might feel a bit 'aggresive' that some car is 'flashing' me at night, while I try to park my car next to it.
  3. I think I saw on a video that Sentry has several stages. Is this true? What are these stages? (e.g. Monitor Notice -> Headlights -> Alarm?)
  4. How does the notification on Tesla App work? Do you get a notification for every 'stage'? Or only for vehicle intrusion / when the alarm goes off?
  5. Can you 'cancel' the alarm from App or do you need to go the vehicle?
  6. How sensitive is it for animals? For example, if a cat would would walk on the frunk or something like that?
  7. In your experience, does Sentry attract even more (unwanted) attention, just because of its features (lightning up, message on screen, etc.), compared if it is turned off?
  8. How does Sentry behave if there is snow covering the car (and probably cameras?)?
  9. How does Sentry behave if there is rain/hail hitting the car?