Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion : All discussion regarding Model 3 and Tax credit in model 3 subforum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just so I understand, the 7500 tax credit still applies to all configurations/colors when you lease an M3P?
Tesla as a company receives the credit. It’s up to Teslas discretion whether to pass along any credit to the customer. They can pocket the whole thing or they can give partial or they can give all of it.

But the thing with leases is they can just massage the numbers to either make that money back or hide it somewhere else.

Reactions: blinkme323
Right, I guess what I'm getting at/asking is you could still order red for instance, and techincally get 7500 off the price when you lease?
Yes, Tesla still gets the $7,500. But I wouldn't consider it "off the price", it may be off your payments, but since you can't buy out the lease, there is no price as to which you can own a leased vehicle.

My assumption is that you want the $7,500 off the lease and then to buy it out immediately. (What a lot of people are doing with Rivians, Toyota Rav4 Primes, etc.)

Last edited:
Right, I guess what I'm getting at/asking is you could still order red for instance, and techincally get 7500 off the price when you lease? This is not possible by financing obviously.
Any combo of options is eligible, but the terms Tesla quotes already include any credit effect. So the monthly payment is whatever it shows in the configurator.