Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he's been taking a weight loss drug, Wegovy, maybe it has side effects. They seem to be mostly intestinal

That doesn't preclude the possibility that he's also taking amphetamines to boost his ability to work longer hours.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
That doesn't preclude the possibility that he's also taking amphetamines to boost his ability to work longer hours.
It's fairly easy by using Google to find first person and secondhand accounts of Musk's drug use. If you believe them, the list includes alcohol, MDMA, shrooms, cannabis, coffee and Red Bull. Sounds like pretty standard fare these days.

He said he's been taking a weight loss drug, Wegovy, maybe it has side effects. They seem to be mostly intestinal

A side effect of that drug is it can cause low blood sugar issues. It was originally a diabetes drug, but it's being used off label because it also causes weight loss. If someone has low blood sugar they can behave erratically.

Another factor is he hit 50, one of his kids came out as trans, then disowned him and his girlfriend dumped him for a trans woman. He's having a pretty serious midlife crisis.

He has ADD, but refuses to take drugs for it. For someone with ADD taking uppers usually calms down the brain storm and allows them to focus. They can OD and take enough to get high, but it's usually more than a non-ADD person would have to take to get high.

Since he is so anti-ADD drugs, I doubt he is taking amphetamines.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
A side effect of that drug is it can cause low blood sugar issues. It was originally a diabetes drug, but it's being used off label because it also causes weight loss. If someone has low blood sugar they can behave erratically.

Another factor is he hit 50, one of his kids came out as trans, then disowned him and his girlfriend dumped him for a trans woman. He's having a pretty serious midlife crisis.

He has ADD, but refuses to take drugs for it. For someone with ADD taking uppers usually calms down the brain storm and allows them to focus. They can OD and take enough to get high, but it's usually more than a non-ADD person would have to take to get high.

Or… he’s just a jerk. And we are realizing that now.

Is it so ridiculous that one might just be full of energy naturally?

Not ridiculous at all. He might be full of energy. But I was offering a possible (?) explanation for his erratic behavior. Being naturally full of energy does not explain that.

High on life is a thing. Maybe not for many but it is a thing.

Yes, it is. But again, it doesn't explain his recent erratic behavior.

Fair point. Maybe there's an entirely different reason for why he's gone completely bonkers.

Or… he’s just a jerk. And we are realizing that now.

Yeah, it's interesting to see all the speculation about drug use when he has *always* been known as a jerk. There's certainly a feedback loop amplification going on now with the public's increased scrutiny/awareness vs. his tendency to double down, but the underlying jerk is still the same old jerk. We just overlooked it until recently because it wasn't our problem. But now that he's meddling with major politics, the stock market, 3 major US companies, and the internet - all in destructive ways - we're finally paying more attention to what a jerk he really is.

It's just that I've seen over my career some people who seemed irritating or obnoxious, and unlike their usual selves, and this was subtle, and maybe it's their personality anyway, and maybe it's just stress, and maybe this and maybe that...till you discover - surprise! Multiple hypodense areas on the CT! Or something else. Could be as simple as side effects of prescribed medications.

Having seen this, and knowing how the very very rich are surrounded by sycophants, how they refuse to listen to anyone and are allowed to harm themselves, sometimes with the help of others, I hope someone somewhere is forcing Elon to go see a doctor. A real doctor, with old-school diagnostic skills, one who will stand up to him, not someone who will cater to his every whim.

It's quite possible, at the end of the day, that what he's doing is simply him, the end result of various outside events and internal psychological developments. If this is the case, and it is the most likely scenario, then he needs people to stand up to him and say enough is enough.

Last edited:
I see you only support free speech when it suits you.

Nothing to do with free speech, but with keeping this a civilized place. Lately a bunch of people have been turning every thread they can get their hands on into a toxic place filled with hate, attacks and virtue signaling. And it's clear this thread is heading the same way. TMC cannot become like Twitter.

Anyway, this policy is not up for discussion, so no more debate about it.

At the end of the day it's easy to follow the breadcrumbs to see where the bread is being buttered for this forum.
Nothing to do with free speech, but with keeping this a civilized place. Lately a bunch of people have been turning every thread they can get their hands on into a toxic place filled with hate, attacks and virtue signaling. And it's clear this thread is heading the same way. TMC cannot become like Twitter.

Total exaggeration in regards to hate and attacks but you already know that and this place is nothing like Twitter lol. This isn't our fault. This is all on Elon for his behaviour.

Maybe if you kept the Twitter thread open people wouldn't feel the need to talk about it elsewhere

Shutting down debate is no way to run a forum
I agree. Some people might not have liked some of the posts in the Twitter thread, but it was a single thread out of thousands here and the posts were relevant to the original topic of Elon Musk and Twitter. Many posts were written in direct relation to Musk’s tweets or how he has managed Twitter so far.

Perhaps some here need a reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.