Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FWIW, Elon’s ‘peace proposal’ wasn’t all that wacky.

It is painfully clear that the west and NATO are giving the Ukraine just enough weapons to not lose the war and not enough to win it.

No tanks, fighter planes in sufficient quantities at least to make a real difference.

So what do we want? Years and years of war that utterly destroys Oekraine and Russia at tremendous cost of life or give Russia a way to somewhat safe face, stop the war, rebuild Oekraine and isolate Russia like we do North Korea?

It’s probably not a popular opinion in this thread but it’s the most sensible thing to do imo.
so Ukraine should hand over territory to Russia which Russia doesn't even control? Basically give Russia all they want .... what's in it for Ukraine?

I wouldn’t want to be Human Resources manager trying to recruit sharp young techies to anywhere in texas except Austin.
Also wouldn’t want to see the tiny workforce left if he told the current loyal/survivors they had to move to … Dallas.
It would be a catastrophically dumb management move. And therefore totally plausible given his track record at Twitter.
yup. I live and work in the Dallas-FTW area but recruiting highly skilled tech talent is *HARD* in North Texas. There's a reason Apple/Facebook etc are all setting up shop in Austin which is the only city in Texas seem "desirable" for young coastal tech talent. Younger people want nature and stuff to do outdoors... Bay Area is great for that within 1-2 hours of driving. 1-2 hrs of driving from Dallas gets you to Oklahoma ... so exciting. While cost of living are lower than California... the summers are brutal and the urban sprawl, cookie cutter new developments and lack of scenic nature is a negative...

shot! chaser! MAGA buzzword.
I wonder, BTW, if there is anything that Elon might say that would be a step too far, even for the impotent BOD. So far he's flirted with Alt-right and Neo-Nazis. He's reinstated their accounts with vigor and given them a far wider reach, yet has chosen to amplify their comments by responding with an exclamation mark or two. This seems a purposeful strategy. He's saying stuff, but without really taking responsibility for it. This leaves him with plausible deniability. Who, me? Why, I 'just asked a question'.

There was, though, that time when he called a Jewish guy 'puppet & puppeteer', which references a well worn Anti-Semitic trope, so I think we've already crossed the threshold. We've learned that he can say anything, anything at all, with impunity. Though maybe he didn't really mean it. Maybe it was just some crazy co-incidence, using these terms...

yup. I live and work in the Dallas-FTW area but recruiting highly skilled tech talent is *HARD* in North Texas. There's a reason Apple/Facebook etc are all setting up shop in Austin which is the only city in Texas seem "desirable" for young coastal tech talent. Younger people want nature and stuff to do outdoors... Bay Area is great for that within 1-2 hours of driving. 1-2 hrs of driving from Dallas gets you to Oklahoma ... so exciting. While cost of living are lower than California... the summers are brutal and the urban sprawl, cookie cutter new developments and lack of scenic nature is a negative...
hehe but.. .how about Boca Chica?
I myself spend time in Hico, and that also might work.

hehe but.. .how about Boca Chica?
I myself spend time in Hico, and that also might work.
Hico ... oh yeah. i know that place. "lovely" small town where until the late 1980s/early 1990s they had a cafe / diner called Koffee Kup Kafe (not a joke...). Nowadays it's re-branded as Koffee Kup Family Restaurant. The third K is finally gone.

dragging the current admin officials through mud on one hand, and turning around to complain about the IRA rules on the other. That's some conflict interest between whats good for tesla shareholders vs what Elon thinks is the right thing to do. Not saying the thats not the right thing to do.. but damn the collateral damage..

Status
Not open for further replies.