Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That's a sustainable business model.
No wonder that it's sustainable. Live action shot:

Screenshot_20230307-164006.png

Hmm... tough decision for this Halli guy. Should he takes the millions and retire or should he stay at a failing company with an abusive boss.

Tough call.

Hey, let's call a spade a spade here, on the flip side. Lots of people have commented, sometimes justly, sometimes not so much, that Elon's apologies are not heartfelt and genuine.

The above, hard to argue that's not a proper apology.

Hey, let's call a spade a spade here, on the flip side. Lots of people have commented, sometimes justly, sometimes not so much, that Elon's apologies are not heartfelt and genuine.

"It was based on things I was told that were untrue"

Sounds like a lot of things that come out of Elon's Twitter account nowadays. Can he learn the lesson of not believing everything he reads on the internet?

A proper apology would have contained a bit of self reflection on what his own role was in this disaster.

An apology. That's an odd way of looking at all this. I don't really think it factors into this situation. It implies that there's a way to fix this situation. If what we've heard is true then this situation is over. No matter what Elon says now it doesn't erase his past actions. He's shown the world who he is. He might as well post a few more Office Space memes at Halli. That way at least he can have a good laugh about it with Joe Rogan.

Life is way too short to work for an abusive jerk. It's hard to see how he wouldn't take the money and live his life.

Reactions: sunwarriors
About the responses I expected from this group. Again, I'm not defending all that Elon has done, he's made mistakes, and I acknowledge those. But the impression I get from this group is that NOTHING will ever be good enough for him to atone. Impressive judgement there.

Little introspection of your own biases might work wonders gents. Because you let "perfect be the enemy of good" no one will ever measure up to your standards, and that makes things a VERY lonely world. You all have your own screw-ups, they just are not nearly as public.

About the responses I expected from this group. Again, I'm not defending all that Elon has done, he's made mistakes, and I acknowledge those. But the impression I get from this group is that NOTHING will ever be good enough for him to atone. Impressive judgement there.

Little introspection of your own biases might work wonders gents. Because you let "perfect be the enemy of good" no one will ever measure up to your standards, and that makes things a VERY lonely world. You all have your own screw-ups, they just are not nearly as public.

Well, you run a company, right? Do you believe the way he went about this particular layoff was adequately executed?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm.
I've read a few articles on the web over the past couple of weeks. Elon apparently worked at a bank (in Toronto?) when much younger and came to the conclusion that Bankers were Overly Conservative and Dumb. (I'm not exactly certain that those are faults: Being conservative with other people's money and Too Dumb to Understand a Fast-Talking (and probably crooked) entrepreneur may not be faults in a banker.)

In any case, he left the place and was a founder of X.com, one of the first attempts at a true on-line bank. For various reasons (probably because of Elon being one of those fast-talkers.. well, if one has listened to him, maybe not all that fast) this didn't pan out; eventually, the work was rolled into what became PayPal, with Elon becoming more rich in the process.

According to this article, Elon has felt that Banking needs disruption, pretty much like U.L.A. and the ICE manufacturers do, and he's had this long term idea that Twitter may provide the means for this. Exactly how, I have no clue, but, to answer your question, it's not sarcasm.

• Helpful
Reactions: Matias and bkp_duke
"I would like to apologize to all my employees across all my companies. It is not cool to shame employees, and certainly not publicly. I hate bullies. I was bullied as a kid. Reflecting upon what I've done here, well, you can imagine that I don't feel good about it.

Furthermore, I know that Tesla supporters and shareholders have been very unhappy with me for the past year. I understand that my political tweets have caused much anguish. I also understand that I have at time spoken disrespectfully to people who don't have the power to fight back.

I've spent the past 30 years battling climate change and the huge forces dead set on keeping things as they are. I've been attacked and mocked mercilessly. Tesla has been under attack from short sellers seeking to profit from our demise. I kept working and working and working, at the expense of my own health, till finally we're seeing the fruits of this labor. The entire world has started to transition to sustainable energy, and it was Tesla that did this.

There are over 100,000 employees working hard with me across my companies. My behavior has not done them or the mission any favors.

I find corporate schtick boring and tiresome. The old way of doing things has driven us to near extinction. I like being just me. I like joking around with the people on Twitter. I like being just one of the guys. But I have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not a regular joe and that my punches hurt more, and that it's not OK for me to act like I sometimes do.

I hope you can remember all the work I've done and forgive my missteps here. I hope we can get back to being a big happy family.

Love,

Elon."

Nope, he went off half-cocked without getting facts. He was wrong there.

But the apology I believe by all appearances is genuine.
I have a lot of respect for your posts. In this case, I’m on the fence regarding the apology. Two concerns - (1), the last statement about Halli considering staying at Twitter isn’t really something that aligns to an apology. (2) Elon‘s comment about talking being better than a tweet is something he needs to demonstrate much much more.

I’d really like Elon to learn from this. He needs to follow his own advice. This doesn’t change my view of Tesla as an owner or of TSLA as an investor. But if he did learn from this he could help both even more. And he might be taken more seriously in areas he frequently wades into with seemingly flash judgments. I don’t think first principles means responding to a tweet with the first thing that you think of.

"I would like to apologize to all my employees across all my companies. It is not cool to shame employees, and certainly not publicly. I hate bullies. I was bullied as a kid. Reflecting upon what I've done here, well, you can imagine that I don't feel good about it.

Furthermore, I know that Tesla supporters and shareholders have been very unhappy with me for the past year. I understand that my political tweets have caused much anguish. I also understand that I have at time spoken disrespectfully to people who don't have the power to fight back.

I've spent the past 30 years battling climate change and the huge forces dead set on keeping things as they are. I've been attacked and mocked mercilessly. Tesla has been under attack from short sellers seeking to profit from our demise. I kept working and working and working, at the expense of my own health, till finally we're seeing the fruits of this labor. The entire world has started to transition to sustainable energy, and it was Tesla that did this.

There are over 100,000 employees working hard with me across my companies. My behavior has not done them or the mission any favors.

I find corporate schtick boring and tiresome. The old way of doing things has driven us to near extinction. I like being just me. I like joking around with the people on Twitter. I like being just one of the guys. But I have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not a regular joe and that my punches hurt more, and that it's not OK for me to act like I sometimes do.

I hope you can remember all the work I've done and forgive my missteps here. I hope we can get back to being a big happy family.

Love,

Elon."
Is that real? I might regain some respect for him if it is. He still has a long way to climb up out of that hole to prove that he's actually going to change. Words are nothing. Actions matter.

"It was based on things I was told that were untrue"

Sounds like a lot of things that come out of Elon's Twitter account nowadays. Can he learn the lesson of not believing everything he reads on the internet?
This 10000%. And his admission that is better to talk on phone than tweet.

Here's almost there. He'll hopefully get it soon. 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.