Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entire Supercharging Team Fired?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News yesterday is that the entire 500+ person word-wide SC team has been let go. That is alarming. Why would Elon sack the execs and all the employees of this important part of Tesla's business? Could Tesla be selling the SC network off to a third party? Opinions? Other theories?

29226473368_d3a9e965d2_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt he'll walk away with "nothing"
You're right, as the Chancellor already argued, he was already fantastically rich off Tesla stock, so he has already been paid and doesn't need more from Tesla to maintain alignment with them as a public company.

As for what you actually meant, the Chancellor is unlikely to accept any compensation package this Board suggests, given their cronyism. So even if this current vote goes through, it's at risk of acceptance by the court unless it's an overwhelming acceptance from the shareholders (like 90% yea). This is why Tesla is trying to move to Texas, because as long as they are in Delaware, anything the board votes for will likely be contested and lost in the courts. The irony here being that Tesla's preferred solution is to try and find a different place to play rather than play by the rules, since they have zero interest in obeying the rules. Thankfully it seems that is even less popular with shareholders than the compensation package is.

So it may very well be that he gets "nothing" because it will be very hard for this board to put anything to a shareholder vote that withstands scrutiny, even if it is a future vote for "only" $10B or so. And if they switch to a board that is actually independent, there is a very large chance that board would fire him.

How are you suggesting he's going to get "something" in this environment? (Assuming the move to TX doesn't pass).

Reactions: gforce2002
Sadly for Delaware they probably miss out on oodles of tax revenue in this scenario wouldn't they?
Tax is owed where it is earned, not where the company is incorporated.
If tax was owed where a company was incorporated, every company would be incorporated in South Dakota or Wyoming, and every person in the USA would run an LLC in some zero income tax state,

As you mentioned last. Moves to Texas.
The shareholders have to approve this and it's very unlikely as shareholders actually like having companies incorporated in places where they actually have a chance of resolution if the company misbehaves. There is basically no reason for any logical person to approve this except the deepest of Elon stans who just think he's the dreamiest. I mean they are basically telling shareholders "please let us move to TX so that we can lie to you and not be held accountable!"

Tax is owed where it is earned, not where the company is incorporated.
If tax was owed where a company was incorporated, every company would be incorporated in South Dakota or Wyoming, and every person in the USA would run an LLC in some zero income tax state,

The shareholders have to approve this and it's very unlikely as shareholders actually like having companies incorporated in places where they actually have a chance of resolution if the company misbehaves. There is basically no reason for any logical person to approve this except the deepest of Elon stans who just think he's the dreamiest. I mean they are basically telling shareholders "please let us move to TX so that we can lie to you and not be held accountable!"
Would Elon not be earning tax in Delaware?

If you owned a company and one of your managers refused your direction, would you keep her?
Maybe. Good leaders create a culture of respectful conflict to achieve the best outcome while also maintaining decision authority and overruling when necessary.

Mob bosses say “do what I say without question or I’ll kill you and your entire family.”

Who do you want to work for?

I can’t believe we still have sycophants defending this some thousand posts later.

Would Elon not be earning tax in Delaware?
No, just like you get taxed where you earned your income, Elon pays taxes in the place he earned it. If you work from home you don't pay taxes where the company is incorporated, you pay it for your home address.

Which gets very complex for people that travel a lot, but it has absolutely nothing to do with where the company is incorporated, even for executives.

The fact we are discussing such basic corporate tax policies while being expected to respect opinions on Elon's pay package....

Reactions: gforce2002
NACS Rollout timelines appear to be slipping:
pcmag is a strange media source to find and publish this news. I'm a little skeptical. It matches what we have seen, that the Ford and Rivian nacs adapter rollout has been really slow, with no explanation. Rivian had about 50-100 people get theirs from media reports, online reports didn't find any optimistic projections of timelines. Similar thing for Ford. Those adapters aren't hard to make, many 3rd party companies are now making them. Something is going funny there.

Is Tesla doing this slow so superchargers don't get overwhelmed with ccs users, or what?

Reactions: zoomer0056
pcmag is a strange media source to find and publish this news. I'm a little skeptical. It matches what we have seen, that the Ford and Rivian nacs adapter rollout has been really slow, with no explanation. Rivian had about 50-100 people get theirs from media reports, online reports didn't find any optimistic projections of timelines. Similar thing for Ford. Those adapters aren't hard to make, many 3rd party companies are now making them. Something is going funny there.

Is Tesla doing this slow so superchargers don't get overwhelmed with ccs users, or what?
Or it could be typical Tesla parts stocking speed. Tesla wasn't exactly fast in stocking their CCS adapters (for Teslas) nor many parts in their store (like the 14-50 adapter for example).