Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all- I just received my VIN today for LR AWD, Black/Black, 18 inch, autopilot. I'm expecting to pick up my car by Dec 6th from the SLC location!

Just curious about making final payment. It gives you the option to pay online as soon as receiving the VIN. Do most people wait until inspecting the car before completing payment?

Thanks for the insights!
Yes, I always wait to after the delivery inspection to pay. You should as well (IMHO).

Reactions: chrisdh79
So I’m planning to pay only after inspection. Delivery is at my location. On delivery day, what payment options are available to me? I’ve heard you need a cashier’s check - I’ve never had to use one before - who do you make the check out to? Can I use a personal check? I’ve heard of Tesla using Plaid for electronic money transfer too - I may use it if it’s not too complicated and I can still pay with it after inspection. I’m in California.

So I’m planning to pay only after inspection. Delivery is at my location. On delivery day, what payment options are available to me? I’ve heard you need a cashier’s check - I’ve never had to use one before - who do you make the check out to? Can I use a personal check? I’ve heard of Tesla using Plaid for electronic money transfer too - I may use it if it’s not too complicated and I can still pay with it after inspection. I’m in California.

Plaid is really easy to setup, my delivery is tomorrow so I am able to submit my payment. Obviously won't until after inspection, but I was able to link my bank through Plaid in 30 seconds

Reactions: Hiline