Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you’re wrong. I think if we were getting .14, you me and @Ramphex would have already gotten it. Historically.
…I may be wrong though
Just to be clear I am saying. .14 on the V12.4 , unless any of us get picked for the .14 with V12.3.6
By us not already receiving the
.14 makes me think we are definitely not in that que

Anyone wants to test this road?

IMG_0091.jpeg

Hallelujah... I loved when they passed that law. It is the 1 thing that boggles my mind, how anyone can be so obtuse, to just sit and block multiple cars waiting to pass as they keep the same speed as the person in the right lane. The right lane driver as a courtesy, should slow down to let people get around. They however aren't required to do so. They aren't the problem, and usually don't slow down.
This left hand lane idiotic behavior is the only reason for highway disengagements for me. The benefits of Teslas, and especially the Plaid, is if I see that gap with the right lane, I take it. Then move directly in front of the left lane jerk, keep pace for a few seconds then speed up, turn on my right blinker for a long time so they know what a blinker looks like, and then get over. Pffts .... 😡🤬
In Germany, you can get a ticket for passing on the right. So on the autobahn, flashing your lights, tailing 5 ft behind, honking your horn, etc. is all acceptable behavior when you are in the left lane going faster than the one ahead of you blocking it. And the Green party often blocks the construction of more lanes for what reason, I don't know - faulty logic is my only guess.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Yeah - except in a number of northeastern states - this is literally illegal - as there are highway signs clearly stating to stay out of the left lane unless you are passing. In MD state, I've literally seen people pulled over by police for this issue alone. No logic should be staying in the left lane by design - regardless of the circumstances - or the logic should know which state it is functioning in or be watching road signs that explicitly state not to do this.
Yeah some laws are stupid. Forcing traffic to the right lane even when no other cars are around means there is uneven wear on the asphalt--more wear in the right lane than the left, increasing the need for road construction (just like you get increased wear on rear tires of a RWD car if you never rotate them). It also reduces safety because vehicles continually need to change lanes to make room for traffic merging on entrance ramps.

Obviously if you are impeding any traffic in the left lane it makes sense to get over...but if nobody's around, it seems silly.

I've never seen police enforce that sort of thing in Virginia, and hope it stays that way.

Last edited:
In Germany, you can get a ticket for passing on the right. So on the autobahn, flashing your lights, tailing 5 ft behind, honking your horn, etc. is all acceptable behavior when you are in the left lane going faster than the one ahead of you blocking it. And the Green party often blocks the construction of more lanes for what reason, I don't know - faulty logic is my only guess.
I have often done exactly what you said, and the perp just slows down even more.
I have one video I saved from the front camera, showing this. Oddly enough, the guy in the right lane slowed down with him, now both going 55 mph on a 70 mph toll road. I honked about 20 times and flashed my brights the whole time. This went on for about 3 miles and about a mile from my exit, the left hand lane douche started throwing water bottles, paper, and whatever else he could find out of the left window. They all missed me due to the wind and speed. So when my exit came, they were both in the same position, so I gave them both a salute as I exited.
The video is hysterical, which is why I saved it. If I could figure it out, I would upload it.

• Funny
Reactions: LSDTester#1
Hallelujah... I loved when they passed that law. It is the 1 thing that boggles my mind, how anyone can be so obtuse, to just sit and block multiple cars waiting to pass as they keep the same speed as the person in the right lane. The right lane driver as a courtesy, should slow down to let people get around. They however aren't required to do so. They aren't the problem, and usually don't slow down.
This left hand lane idiotic behavior is the only reason for highway disengagements for me. The benefits of Teslas, and especially the Plaid, is if I see that gap with the right lane, I take it. Then move directly in front of the left lane jerk, keep pace for a few seconds then speed up, turn on my right blinker for a long time so they know what a blinker looks like, and then get over. Pffts .... 😡🤬
I sometimes hog the left lane in the mid San Joaquin Valley section of I-5 traveling just a little over speed limit. I will let the impatient fast drivers pass me on the right to go over the bumpy pot holes left by the trucks. It is almost impossible to see the dips driving at over 70 mph. The low ride height of the Model S is not helping!
😂

That was you????!!!!

That does it. I’m blocking you again! (Right after I get out of the left lane)

Paging @JulienW ... i just looked at teslafi and there is 1 car that went from 2024.14.6 down to 2024.3.25 .. I have never seen this before. Have you or anyone else?
Yes it has been seen before several times but always attributed to either a software glitch or someone who traded or bought a different Tesla and switched on their TeslaFi account. ;) But NEVER a software downgrade.

Yes it has been seen before several times but always attributed to either a software glitch or someone who traded or bought a different Tesla and switched on their TeslaFi account. ;) But NEVER a software downgrade.
So basically what your saying is, since I am so unhappy with V12, I don't have the option to go back to V10.2 ??