Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've discovered an issue with mine. In the Android interface, I cannot get the hotspot stay 'on'. I have a Hansshow rear screen that will utilize the hotspot created by this screen (using my installed SIM card). It keeps failing at every drive as the hotspot in the F9 screen keeps reverting to off. @Hansshow
You are probably better messaging Hansshow on Whatsapp since they don't tend to respond much on this forum.

I already got the 240429 directly from the vendor I bought this from. I'm currently testing it after I gave them feedback about the brightness issue from the previous firmware they gave me along with the front camera issues people have been reporting.

So far front camera seems very stable for the week or so I've been testing it and no more issues with screen brightness flashing.

I think there is still an issue with auto highbeam not showing but thats a minor issue.

And no stupid hansshow logo in the beginning and they actually moved the old stock video that had "go electric" or something stupid like that.

Asking them if they could also change the front camera auto activation behavior since it's really stupid to have the front camera turn on when you first go into D. We don't need the front camera activated here.

I already got the 240429 directly from the vendor I bought this from. I'm currently testing it after I gave them feedback about the brightness issue from the previous firmware they gave me along with the front camera issues people have been reporting.

So far front camera seems very stable for the week or so I've been testing it and no more issues with screen brightness flashing.

I think there is still an issue with auto highbeam not showing but thats a minor issue.

And no stupid hansshow logo in the beginning and they actually moved the old stock video that had "go electric" or something stupid like that.

Asking them if they could also change the front camera auto activation behavior since it's really stupid to have the front camera turn on when you first go into D. We don't need the front camera activated here.
Hello,
is this android version or linux version?
can you upload 240429 ?
thank you !

Reactions: flai54

So in Settings under "Front Camera" do you have that setting set to On or Off? Maybe if you set it to "Off" it won't trigger the front camera to turn on with setting it to D? I assume most people have the setting set to "On" thinking if it isn't set to "On" then the front camera won't function at all even if triggered manually. Perhaps that "Front camera" setting is what triggers the front camera to turn On upon setting it to D just like the Plaid switch setting?

Which aliexpress vendor are you interacting with to get the firmware updates?

So in Settings under "Front Camera" do you have that setting set to On or Off? Maybe if you set it to "Off" it won't trigger the front camera to turn on with setting it to D? I assume most people have the setting set to "On" thinking if it isn't set to "On" then the front camera won't function at all even if triggered manually. Perhaps that "Front camera" setting is what triggers the front camera to turn On upon setting it to D just like the Plaid switch setting?

Which aliexpress vendor are you interacting with to get the firmware updates?
The setting of course is there but from my testing if you toggle it to off you can't even manually activate it later.

So again in my opinion the logic is broken. It would be better if they allowed an option to not activate when going into "D" but still keep it functional with the right wheel press. And it also takes like 3 seconds for it activate which is WAY too long when you're going through the parking lot and you remember you need to activate it. Why not make this literally 1-1.5 seconds.

I told it would be SO much better and perfect if they can detect when the Tesla goes into "parking mode" and activate the front camera at that time. I know this option would probably be harder to implement.

So I'm hoping at the very least they can add in an option to not have it activate in "D" and also change how long it takes to manually activate it.

Honestly besides the front camera issue the unit has been pretty solid. The best front display I think out of all the options so far.

The front vents are literally useless so don't think it helps much. The vents needed to be at the top of the unit if they wanted it to work better.

And the biggest issue they fixed from the old 9" is the way bluetooth works. Having the "original BT" option fixed a HUGE flaw in the old unit. So no matter what this is a worthwhile upgrade.

The setting of course is there but from my testing if you toggle it to off you can't even manually activate it later.

So again in my opinion the logic is broken. It would be better if they allowed an option to not activate when going into "D" but still keep it functional with the right wheel press. And it also takes like 3 seconds for it activate which is WAY too long when you're going through the parking lot and you remember you need to activate it. Why not make this literally 1-1.5 seconds.

I told it would be SO much better and perfect if they can detect when the Tesla goes into "parking mode" and activate the front camera at that time. I know this option would probably be harder to implement.

So I'm hoping at the very least they can add in an option to not have it activate in "D" and also change how long it takes to manually activate it.

Honestly besides the front camera issue the unit has been pretty solid. The best front display I think out of all the options so far.

The front vents are literally useless so don't think it helps much. The vents needed to be at the top of the unit if they wanted it to work better.

And the biggest issue they fixed from the old 9" is the way bluetooth works. Having the "original BT" option fixed a HUGE flaw in the old unit. So no matter what this is a worthwhile upgrade.
That sucks to hear about the camera option being "Off" disables the front camera option entirely. Personally I don't think I would are too much about the "D" camera issue but I have yet to try it. .

I was debating on whether I wanted to buy this F9 display (bottom vents) or the FY9 display (top vents) but I ended up buying the F9 display with the bottom vents because the UI is just better. Ultimately I ordered the F9 display with the bottom vents and should be coming to me in a week. I really wanted to like the FY9 top vent display just because it has that nice extra casing around to make it look like the Model S/X and the top vent air but the UI is just rather clunky and it had some useless display items like the "READY" and the drive and reverse graphics is just totally unnecessary and it didn't show the odometer and miles of charge remaining. I really like the F9 display UI and to me that was the ultimate decider despite the air vents. I just don't understand why they couldn't just port the F9 UI into the FY9 display and it would have been perfect.

Yeah I heard about the screen having the "original BT" option which makes linking your phone to the F9 display and the Tesla display and having the audio from the F9 display over the Tesla speakers which is the most ideal. I don't know if adjusting the steering wheel down helps a bit better with air flow but I get that based on your body frame it may not be possible but it seems like if you can lower the steering wheel column the bottom air vents can provide more airflow. It definitely seems to be an improvement over their v1 9 inch display with the diffuser air redirect solution which most people who reviewed it said it sucked.

I assume you have the Linux version of the 2402429 build since it seems like Aliexpress only sells the Linux version and not the Android version. If it has fixed some issues, can you post the 240429 firmware build? Btw which AliExpress vendor did you buy your display from? I bought mine from CATRONICS but I have not engaged them about firmware updates yet.

That sucks to hear about the camera option being "Off" disables the front camera option entirely. Personally I don't think I would are too much about the "D" camera issue but I have yet to try it. .

I was debating on whether I wanted to buy this F9 display (bottom vents) or the FY9 display (top vents) but I ended up buying the F9 display with the bottom vents because the UI is just better. Ultimately I ordered the F9 display with the bottom vents and should be coming to me in a week. I really wanted to like the FY9 top vent display just because it has that nice extra casing around to make it look like the Model S/X and the top vent air but the UI is just rather clunky and it had some useless display items like the "READY" and the drive and reverse graphics is just totally unnecessary and it didn't show the odometer and miles of charge remaining. I really like the F9 display UI and to me that was the ultimate decider despite the air vents. I just don't understand why they couldn't just port the F9 UI into the FY9 display and it would have been perfect.

Yeah I heard about the screen having the "original BT" option which makes linking your phone to the F9 display and the Tesla display and having the audio from the F9 display over the Tesla speakers which is the most ideal. I don't know if adjusting the steering wheel down helps a bit better with air flow but I get that based on your body frame it may not be possible but it seems like if you can lower the steering wheel column the bottom air vents can provide more airflow. It definitely seems to be an improvement over their v1 9 inch display with the diffuser air redirect solution which most people who reviewed it said it sucked.

I assume you have the Linux version of the 2402429 build since it seems like Aliexpress only sells the Linux version and not the Android version. If it has fixed some issues, can you post the 240429 firmware build? Btw which AliExpress vendor did you buy your display from? I bought mine from CATRONICS but I have not engaged them about firmware updates yet.
When you try the front camera you'll see what I mean. But I am usually in Carplay so if I have maps up and I need to see the directions right away it is annoying. And I also forgot to mention that the front camera goes away automatically at 20mph. 20mph is pretty fast to get up to when you're in a parking lot situation. You could also press the right wheel leftward to get out of the camera but then it brings you back the HUD rather than Carplay. And for those who are OCD it by pressing the right wheel leftward it also increases the tesla following distance for autopilot at the same time.

So again it would just be great to have them remove front camera activation upon going into D. It literally does not need to activate going into D.

The FY9 is cool but I really dont like the overall look of it. I think the speaker holes in the front make it look really tacky and not OEM. But again just my opinion. And yes the stupid diffuser air redirect thing was a joke and honestly make the airflow worse than without it my opinion. And you could move the steering wheel down but I think you're going to find there really is only one optimal spot you can adjust your steering wheel to so you don't cut off any parts of the F9 display by the steering wheel. Luckily I didn't have to adjust much actually once I got the screen. But some people who like the steering very high or low might have to adjust.

I'll find time later to post the firmware and you are correct it's for the Linux version. I bought mine from "For Your Car And Moto Store" but again it doesn't matter who honestly. I think they all have the contact for the main manufacturer and can ask them for new firmwares.

Reactions: flai54
When you try the front camera you'll see what I mean. But I am usually in Carplay so if I have maps up and I need to see the directions right away it is annoying. And I also forgot to mention that the front camera goes away automatically at 20mph. 20mph is pretty fast to get up to when you're in a parking lot situation. You could also press the right wheel leftward to get out of the camera but then it brings you back the HUD rather than Carplay. And for those who are OCD it by pressing the right wheel leftward it also increases the tesla following distance for autopilot at the same time.

So again it would just be great to have them remove front camera activation upon going into D. It literally does not need to activate going into D.

The FY9 is cool but I really dont like the overall look of it. I think the speaker holes in the front make it look really tacky and not OEM. But again just my opinion. And yes the stupid diffuser air redirect thing was a joke and honestly make the airflow worse than without it my opinion. And you could move the steering wheel down but I think you're going to find there really is only one optimal spot you can adjust your steering wheel to so you don't cut off any parts of the F9 display by the steering wheel. Luckily I didn't have to adjust much actually once I got the screen. But some people who like the steering very high or low might have to adjust.

I'll find time later to post the firmware and you are correct it's for the Linux version. I bought mine from "For Your Car And Moto Store" but again it doesn't matter who honestly. I think they all have the contact for the main manufacturer and can ask them for new firmwares.

I agree that the front camera logic is broken. In theory the "Front camera" setting in Settings should only function to enable or disable the front camera display when setting it to "D" and NOT affect the manual activation of the front camera just like the Plaid mode setting is coded where it just enables or disables the Plaid animation upon accelerating.

One other suggestion that I thought was pretty nice on this T8 8.8 inch display that I was also looking at is that they have a function where if you do a one firm swipe down on the right scroll wheel to swap between camera and normal display UI. Also they have a function where you can swap between carplay/AA and the normal display UI with one light press of the right scroll wheel.

Would it be possible to send that feedback to the folks you interact with to forward it to the manufacturer for incorporation? It would be nice if they can incorporate both these features onto this F9 display since I find those 2 features convenient unless there is a shortcut to both these features already that I am not aware about.

At the 29:05 and 29:16 mark where you can toggle between camera and original UI with one click on the right scroll wheel firm swipe down on the right scroll wheel. At the 29:18 mark you can see the toggle between original UI and carplay/AA with one press of the right scroll wheel.

Last edited:
I agree that the front camera logic is broken. In theory the "Front camera" setting in Settings should only function to enable or disable the front camera display when setting it to "D" and NOT affect the manual activation of the front camera just like the Plaid mode setting is coded where it just enables or disables the Plaid animation upon accelerating.

One other suggestion that I thought was pretty nice on this T8 8.8 inch display that I was also looking at is that they have a function where if you do a one firm swipe down on the right scroll wheel to swap between camera and normal display UI. Also they have a function where you can swap between carplay/AA and the normal display UI with one light press of the right scroll wheel.

Would it be possible to send that feedback to the folks you interact with to forward it to the manufacturer for incorporation? It would be nice if they can incorporate both these features onto this F9 display since I find those 2 features convenient unless there is a shortcut to both these features already that I am not aware about.

At the 29:05 and 29:16 mark where you can toggle between camera and original UI with one click on the right scroll wheel firm swipe down on the right scroll wheel. At the 29:18 mark you can see the toggle between original UI and carplay/AA with one press of the right scroll wheel.
I am trying hard to get them to see if it's possible to have the front camera come up automatically when Tesla senses parking mode. I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm trying. At the very least I'm also going to try to get them to change what the Front Camera On/Off does. That's a good point out.

Also to toggle between Carplay and HUD you need to press the left click on the right scroll wheel but you're right it's annoying to get back into Carplay since Carplay isn't already selected from the HUD view. Although I never use the HUD mode so it hasn't been much an issue for me.