Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you listen to music?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, as far as I understand it, the Car account that you get for free is exactly the same as a premium account minus the ability to create playlists (might be wrong on the playlists, I already had a spotify account so never used the free one)
There is a big difference between the free streaming (No streaming) vs the paid streaming account in the 2024 MY. It is definitely not the same! Yes you can pay for Spotify instead of the Tesla streaming or another streaming service but you will not get a lot of other stuff thrown in with the Tesla streaming. The services offered by premium connectivity may vary depending on the area but the following is a synopsis of what is available in the US. The biggest difference is music streaming and Sentry mode live access.

1715002678214.png

External playlists created using iTunes or Mp3tag will work but need to be modified every time you add or delete a few songs from the SSD or Flash Drive. That's really besides the point here. The inability or Tesla to program in a solid media player is really a disgrace to a car company that prides itself on electronics. Elon! Take away all those stupid fart sounds and martian terrain landscapes and gives us a good media player! Is that so hard? Or you just dont want to?
car companies have usually lagged behind the tech and so they’ve never done a great job with music, and probably interfaces in general
a few cars back when I first used Carplay the difference was staggering - particularly music and maps